Planning my first cruise

Unvoiced_Apollo
Ultimate Poster

Planning my first cruise

Post by Unvoiced_Apollo »

So planning my first cruise for April 2021 (so hopefully this Covid 19 will be resolved by then), which also kind of makes it for my birthday. I chose Disney because I heard a lot of good things. It will be 5 nights with two days at sea as I want to really experience the boat aspect of it. It will go from Miami to Cozumel to Disney's Castaway Cay. I already booked my stateroom a few months ago. And glad I did because apparently those get filled up way in advance.

I"ll be on the Magic, which I selected in part because of the Tangled theming. They even re-theme one of the bars into the Snuggly Duckling. And one of the main dining rooms is themed around Raounzel's birthday, and she & flynn & the thugs go around greeting guests. So I thought it would be fun to tell her we share a birthday.

Really excited but any tips are appreciated.
Raxivace
Ultimate Poster

Re: Planning my first cruise

Post by Raxivace »

It seems like this trip would mean a lot to you, but I would advise against it for the time being. There's no guarantee right now any of this will be settled even by April- these estimates of a vaccine even being ready by January seem to be a best case, the-stars-have-aligned-perfectly scenario, and not necessarily something we should bet on.
"[Cinema] is a labyrinth with a treacherous resemblance to reality." - Andrew Sarris
Unvoiced_Apollo
Ultimate Poster

Raxivace wrote:It seems like this trip would mean a lot to you, but I would advise against it for the time being. There's no guarantee right now any of this will be settled even by April- these estimates of a vaccine even being ready by January seem to be a best case, the-stars-have-aligned-perfectly scenario, and not necessarily something we should bet on.
It's already paid into. I'd rather just take the chance and move it if necessary. They've been pretty good about working with the other cancellations from this year so don't doubt the same will happen next year if it came to that..
Raxivace
Ultimate Poster

Post by Raxivace »

Well okay. I just don't want to see you get sick. [sad]
"[Cinema] is a labyrinth with a treacherous resemblance to reality." - Andrew Sarris
Unvoiced_Apollo
Ultimate Poster

Raxivace wrote:Well okay. I just don't want to see you get sick. [sad]
Well I'm now looking at moving it to December for Christmas cruise once they open bookings XD
Raxivace
Ultimate Poster

Post by Raxivace »

Christmas 2021? I hope to god that this covid stuff is settled by then.
Unvoiced_Apollo
Ultimate Poster

Raxivace wrote:Christmas 2021? I hope to god that this covid stuff is settled by then.
Yes 2021. I hope so too.

And I have booked my new cruise date (did it last week actually)