Look who I ran into

Here you can talk about anything that isn't covered by the other categories.
BruceSmith78
Ultimate Poster

Re: Look who I ran into

Post by BruceSmith78 »

Yeah, it never really occurred to me to question whether Gogo was being sincere in his wackiness, whatever that means, I just thought some of his posts were so fucking silly they were hilarious, and I liked that.
aels
Global Moderator

Post by aels »

No, it was my fault Liszt, I wasn't clear.
WORDS IN THE HEART CANNOT BE TAKEN
CashRules
Ultimate Poster

Post by CashRules »

aels wrote:No, it was my fault Liszt, I wasn't clear.
Never take the blame for anything, haven't I taught you better than that, woman? Yeah, I'm in a shitload of trouble now.
__
You can't hang a man for killing a woman who's trying to steal his horse.
aels
Global Moderator

Post by aels »

CashRules wrote:
aels wrote:No, it was my fault Liszt, I wasn't clear.
Never take the blame for anything, haven't I taught you better than that, woman? Yeah, I'm in a shitload of trouble now.
Bitch, I do what I want.
CashRules
Ultimate Poster

Post by CashRules »

Yes ma'am. I'll go sit in the corner now.
__
Cassius Clay
Ultimate Poster

Post by Cassius Clay »

aels wrote:
Cassius Clay wrote:"LOOK AT MEEEE!! Aren't I so random?....yo? Sup yo? I'm soooo RAAAANNNDOOOOOOOMMM!!

yo....lemme drop my compulsive, self-satisfied verbal diarrhea all over this board yo.

I'm RAAAAAANNNNDOOOOOOOOOOMMM!!

Are you still looking, yo?"

(God, I almost wish he was still here so I can just post that on every thread he makes)

Even that wouldn't have been so bad if he wasn't actually a complete piece of shit. His being a piece of shit made his annoying personality so much worse.

I was trying to remember how he posted so I could do a sarcastic impression of exactly why it got on my tits so much and you have nailed it.
I remembered all the "yos" he started adding to his posts to be quirky and it all came back to me.
aels
Global Moderator

Post by aels »

Ermagerrrrrd!!!1!!
Cassius Clay
Ultimate Poster

Post by Cassius Clay »

BruceSmith78 wrote:Yeah, it never really occurred to me to question whether Gogo was being sincere in his wackiness, whatever that means, I just thought some of his posts were so fucking silly they were hilarious, and I liked that.
It doesn't need to be questioned, it's just apparent...you bitch.

Ok..."sincere" isn't the exact word. It was all just transparently too "look at me!!".
Cassius Clay
Ultimate Poster

Post by Cassius Clay »

sikax wrote:
Cassius Clay wrote:I don't know why it's hard for me to articulate...but aels is exactly right.

And I find the whole "aren't I so funny because I'm so random?" shtick grating. He had an annoying child's sense of humor(more like an annoying teenager who thinks they know much more about the world than they do...if that makes any sense), while simultaneously being very duplicitous. As aels said, there was a large gap between how he tried to present himself and how he actually was(even that doesn't quite get to the heart of the matter because you could easily say everyone does that to some degree). I kinda saw right through that early on and I found it disturbing. I think anyone defending him fell for it.
I don't see how any of that is a reason to dislike someone who's essentially a stranger on an online forum. Yes, he was phony but at least it was funny (I suppose that's the part up for debate). The fact of the matter is his presence here, to me, was completely arbitrary, neither good nor bad, but there was at least a slight relief of humor, fake or forced or whatever the hell it was or sincere is inconsequential. But, oh well. The chips fell and he got kicked out. I don't think Bruce or I are defending him personally, just the idea that wackiness is a good thing whether the bearer of it is a douche or not.
Ok. I know you guys aren't really standing behind him. What I meant by "defending" is the notion that at least he was funny.

I'm saying, NOHEWASN'T!
Dr_Liszt

Post by Dr_Liszt »

If you guys are trying to bring old people back. You should also try to attract Achilles.
Gendo
Site Admin

Post by Gendo »

Dr_Liszt wrote:If you guys are trying to bring old people back. You should also try to attract Achilles.
He's active on FB; at least a couple times I've asked him to come here; just to get a flat "no thanks".
Dr_Liszt

Post by Dr_Liszt »

That's why I said "attract". Seduce him Gendo! [none]
BruceSmith78
Ultimate Poster

Post by BruceSmith78 »

Show him your tits, Gendo.
Blade Azaezel
Ultra Poster

Post by Blade Azaezel »

Yeah, get your baps out!
Blade Azaezel
Ultra Poster

Post by Blade Azaezel »

Tits or GTFO
Derived Absurdity
Ultimate Poster

Post by Derived Absurdity »

Woah woah woah, The Dork Lord is DrippingYellowMadness? Wow, that's great. I've been running into him and talking to him on and off a bit without even knowing it was him. He's one of my favorite posters.
Gendo
Site Admin

Post by Gendo »

Ha, interesting. Tell him to come say hi to us!
Gendo
Site Admin

Post by Gendo »

Dr_Liszt wrote:That's why I said "attract". Seduce him Gendo! [none]
Are you saying that his "no" might actually have been his way of asking me to try harder? [mjeyds]
phe_de
Ultra Poster

Post by phe_de »

CashRules wrote:
sikax wrote:
aels wrote:Like, your style of writing is not as cute and funny as you think it is]
True, but at least he was trying to be wacky. Something to detract from the ordinary, even if he was a douche sandwich.

Like, I understand the concept behind kicking people off the board, but I don't agree with it. Everyone here basically agrees with each other all the time. We need a, uh, a wild card. Or a monthly quota mandating every board member attempt to interject something silly into their posts a required minimum number of times. [none]
Yeah, um, we still have phe de and DA.
Too bad I don't have much to say on this subject.
I don't frequent the Politics board too often, and Matt Damon already apologized for his comment.
Common sense is another word for prejudice.
Dr_Liszt

Post by Dr_Liszt »

Gendo wrote:
Are you saying that his "no" might actually have been his way of asking me to try harder? [mjeyds]
If you had a keen eye, you'd sometimes just know.
phe_de
Ultra Poster

Post by phe_de »

Gendo wrote:
Wins the thread.
Derived Absurdity
Ultimate Poster

Gendo wrote:Ha, interesting. Tell him to come say hi to us!
Waiting for his response now.
Islandmur
Global Moderator

Post by Islandmur »

I disliked gogo intensely because at first I thought he was sincere and found out he just liked provoking people.

That being said. This board has become somewhat lacking in diversity. It's nice and cozy but not exciting.

I thought the idea was for the VIP to be nice and cozy and personal and the rest of the board could go as crazy as it wanted but I was in the minority in that :(. That's ok though but that's why I started posting over there again needed more interaction.
Derived Absurdity
Ultimate Poster

Lol. He's creeped out now. He wants to know how Gendo knows about him, because apparently he didn't think you knew about him.
Dr_Liszt

Post by Dr_Liszt »

Derived Absurdity wrote:Woah woah woah, The Dork Lord is DrippingYellowMadness? Wow, that's great. I've been running into him and talking to him on and off a bit without even knowing it was him. He's one of my favorite posters.
He's your destiny. This is just like that pina colada song. [none]
Islandmur
Global Moderator

Post by Islandmur »

if you are really inviting him here then you'd better move this thread to vip
BruceSmith78
Ultimate Poster

Post by BruceSmith78 »

They're inviting Dork Lord. I don't think Gogo would come back even if we asked him to, and nobody's seriously gonna do that.
Gypsy-Vanner
Ultra Poster

Post by Gypsy-Vanner »

Dork got a serious woman at his side now. He also got serious about some stupid teaching career move and stuff too. Trying to be all that or something craycray. [eyes]

I told him that not everyone can be a winner like me so he should accept himself as he is and he TOTALLY ignored my advice and is still with dat woman and is still teaching the future leaders of our country. Some people have no shame.

And fuck Gogo. In the beginning I attempted to read his crap here and there but gave up pretty quickly. I couldn't STAND him as I thought he was completely trolling with his "wacky" posts as they felt so forced to me. I hope him, Marv, Vegas, and Dean have a nice long happy marriage together with each other.
I Shall Smite Thee Ruinous While Thy Soul Weeps for Salvation
Cassius Clay
Ultimate Poster

Post by Cassius Clay »

Articulating what it is I couldn't stand about gogo's personality has also made me realize why I couldn't stand Robin William's(RIP) standup. I love William's in movies, but his style of standup was ridiculous to me. It just came across as empty, desperate attention-seeking. Same reason I don't like Jim Carrey's standup(though I do kinda have a love/hate relationship with Carrey).

https://xkcd.com/1210/
Gendo
Site Admin

Post by Gendo »

Gypsy-Vanner wrote:Dork got a serious woman at his side now. He also got serious about some stupid teaching career move and stuff too. Trying to be all that or something craycray. [eyes]
Actually from what I saw on Reddit; he's married now.
BruceSmith78
Ultimate Poster

Post by BruceSmith78 »

He announced he was getting married like 3 boards ago. Last summer he showed up to tell us all how great his life was, being married to a kinky fetishist and teaching a bunch of unruly teenagers.
Gendo
Site Admin

Post by Gendo »

Huh, I remember him saying that he'd gotten engaged, but not that he'd gotten married.
Monk
Ultra Poster

Post by Monk »

Going through some of Dork's posts on reddit, I'm glad he's able to easily do what I often have trouble with - not responding to really stupid comments/arguments. I'm getting better at it, but he doesn't even need to try!
OurGloriousLeader
Frequenter

Post by OurGloriousLeader »

Looks like there has been some history revisionism going on here, with some people operating under the idea that gogo wasn't an awful person but just a little annoying or something.

The issue wasn't that gogo was a bit grating (although he was) or that he disagreed (although he was often wrong). The issue was that he outright lied, constantly, presenting anecdotes that just so happened to go against the board consensus with a hint of misogyny and general bitterness about sex. When called out on his bullshit, he would swither between mockery (never actually really denying he was lying), claiming he was devil-advocating even though there's a difference between presenting alternative views and lying to troll people, and playing the victim. This was before anything else, and should be remembered: he's not just an annoying sack of shit, but a fucking women-hating liar too.

On top of that he had a mean streak, going as far as to call me a rapist on boards I didn't even frequent. Like Castor I'd occasionally stumble on him and have a quick check of his history - every post he made was some lie or "is it just me or [ALL WOMEN ARE SLUTS]" shit then finish off every post with "Hi OGL!", and when people asked he'd say he's a guy that raped someone.

I haven't raped anyone btw guys.

Also hi
Blade Azaezel
Ultra Poster

Post by Blade Azaezel »

Didn't gogo also pretend to be a woman for fecking ages, just to give his anti-women posts more weight? He was always a twat.

Also, hi OGL
OurGloriousLeader
Frequenter

fuck off
Blade Azaezel
Ultra Poster

Post by Blade Azaezel »

OurGloriousLeader wrote:fuck off
[sad3]
BruceSmith78
Ultimate Poster

Post by BruceSmith78 »

OurGloriousLeader wrote:Looks like there has been some history revisionism going on here, with some people operating under the idea that gogo wasn't an awful person but just a little annoying or something.

The issue wasn't that gogo was a bit grating (although he was) or that he disagreed (although he was often wrong). The issue was that he outright lied, constantly, presenting anecdotes that just so happened to go against the board consensus with a hint of misogyny and general bitterness about sex. When called out on his bullshit, he would swither between mockery (never actually really denying he was lying), claiming he was devil-advocating even though there's a difference between presenting alternative views and lying to troll people, and playing the victim. This was before anything else, and should be remembered: he's not just an annoying sack of shit, but a fucking women-hating liar too.

On top of that he had a mean streak, going as far as to call me a rapist on boards I didn't even frequent. Like Castor I'd occasionally stumble on him and have a quick check of his history - every post he made was some lie or "is it just me or [ALL WOMEN ARE SLUTS]" shit then finish off every post with "Hi OGL!", and when people asked he'd say he's a guy that raped someone.

I haven't raped anyone btw guys.

Also hi
I thought Brandon banned you?
BruceSmith78
Ultimate Poster

Post by BruceSmith78 »

Cassius Clay wrote:Articulating what it is I couldn't stand about gogo's personality has also made me realize why I couldn't stand Robin William's(RIP) standup. I love William's in movies, but his style of standup was ridiculous to me. It just came across as empty, desperate attention-seeking. Same reason I don't like Jim Carrey's standup(though I do kinda have a love/hate relationship with Carrey).

https://xkcd.com/1210/
I agree with most of this, except I don't love Robin Williams in movies. He's usually just as annoying on screen.

Gogo was still funny though.
OurGloriousLeader
Frequenter

BruceSmith78 wrote:
who?
Gendo
Site Admin

Post by Gendo »

Hey OGL, good to see you!
CashRules
Ultimate Poster

Post by CashRules »

OurGloriousLeader wrote:
BruceSmith78 wrote:
who?
God.
__
Cassius Clay
Ultimate Poster

Post by Cassius Clay »

Yeah... I'm barely exaggerating when I say gogo is the type of motherfucker that would go on a shooting spree. Dude tries to disguise his racism, sexism and general unjustified misanthropic, conservative attitudes in all this empty "wackiness"...but it's fucking transparent. He honestly comes across to me as a deeply disgruntled individual with some kind of personality disorder. I was trolling him when I implied he was some kind of narcissist or sociopath (when he was being a racist piece of shit)....but I was honestly only half-kidding.
Dr_Liszt

Post by Dr_Liszt »

I don't think he is a narcissist. Those people are creepy ass motherfuckers. Gogo did have some kind of empathy, he once sent me a pm apologizing and thanking me for something, out of nowhere. If people haven't killed that board out of nowhere, I'd still have all those juicy pm's. [none]

Not that I'm still bitter about it. [none] I'm not, I promise. [none]
Cassius Clay
Ultimate Poster

Post by Cassius Clay »

I think one can have empathy and be a narcissist (well, at least perform empathy).

The guy that just went on a shooting spree apparently warned his "friends" about not going to school if they were in the area.
Dr_Liszt

Post by Dr_Liszt »

I guess it depends since narcissism is a spectrum, they rationalize empathy in a very different way, it's creepy. But I don't know, he doesn't give me that vibe. He mostly was just a dishonest attention seeking troll.
Cassius Clay
Ultimate Poster

Post by Cassius Clay »

Maybe. But even if he's just a dishonest, attention-seeking troll, there's just this disturbing anti-social attitude those types share with people that do shit like this. You can tell they really hate people.

I've always thought that internet trolls were somewhat psychopathic anyway.
Gendo
Site Admin

Post by Gendo »

I feel like Liszt is mixing up narcissism and sociopathism. Narcissists think that they are way more important than they really are; that they are better than other people. But they don't necessarily lack empathy.
Dr_Liszt

Post by Dr_Liszt »

Narcissism is a disorder that manifests with sociopathism and psychopathism. I read a lot of that shit after being stalked by a psychopath for two years.
phe_de
Ultra Poster

Post by phe_de »

Cassius Clay wrote:https://xkcd.com/1210/
Black Hat rocks! [winkgrin]