Post-Racial Society *nod nod*

Here you can talk about anything that isn't covered by the other categories.
Cinemachinery
Super Poster

Post-Racial Society *nod nod*

Post by Cinemachinery »

Even I find my avatar disturbing.
Gypsy-Vanner
Ultra Poster

Re: Post-Racial Society *nod nod*

Post by Gypsy-Vanner »

I like beer.
I Shall Smite Thee Ruinous While Thy Soul Weeps for Salvation
Gendo
Site Admin

Post by Gendo »

I almost posted this. I agree with Dragon, beer's good.
Cinemachinery
Super Poster

Post by Cinemachinery »

You're the type of people who'd make Mad Max a secondary role in his own movie.
MISANDRY!
Unvoiced_Apollo
Ultimate Poster

Post by Unvoiced_Apollo »

Gendo wrote:I almost posted this. I agree with Dragon, beer's good.
This.
Cinemachinery
Super Poster

Post by Cinemachinery »

Well you people are about as fun as a bag of hammers.

Misandrist hammers who want to steal the white man's rightful place in the lead roles of space operas.
Islandmur
Global Moderator

Post by Islandmur »

They can boycott who wants them seeing it!
Derived Absurdity
Ultimate Poster

Post by Derived Absurdity »

lol neoreactionaries
Anakin McFly
Ultimate Poster

Post by Anakin McFly »

this reminds me of the time when Star Trek Into Darkness came out and a bunch of people urged boycott for the whitewashing of Khan, while another bunch of people urged boycott for the interracial (interspecies?) relationship between Spock and Uhura. I figured they cancelled each other out and went to watch it anyway.

EDIT: oh, apparently people are also calling to boycott SW7 because the producers explicitly said they wanted a more diverse cast and made their casting choices influenced by that rather than just the ability of said actors. Which they said was patronising and tokenistic.

I'm impressed by how J.J. Abrams apparently continues to maintain a reputation as both an appropriative racist casting POC as tokens as well as a self-hating white man who wishes to destroy white culture in the name of political correctness.

k, they cancel each other out. Will go watch. Which I would have done anyway, because Star Wars! I am ridiculously excited for this movie.
phe_de
Ultra Poster

Post by phe_de »

Anakin McFly wrote:EDIT: oh, apparently people are also calling to boycott SW7 because the producers explicitly said they wanted a more diverse cast and made their casting choices influenced by that rather than just the ability of said actors. Which they said was patronising and tokenistic.

I'm impressed by how J.J. Abrams apparently continues to maintain a reputation as both an appropriative racist casting POC as tokens as well as a self-hating white man who wishes to destroy white culture in the name of political correctness.

k, they cancel each other out.
I'm sure the producers and J.J.Abrams will cry on their way to the bank. The premiere in my town is already sold out.
People boycotting Star Wars means: More place for fans. Bring it on.
Common sense is another word for prejudice.
OpiateOfTheMasses
Global Moderator

Post by OpiateOfTheMasses »

phe_de wrote:
Anakin McFly wrote:EDIT: oh, apparently people are also calling to boycott SW7 because the producers explicitly said they wanted a more diverse cast and made their casting choices influenced by that rather than just the ability of said actors. Which they said was patronising and tokenistic.

I'm sure the producers and J.J.Abrams will cry on their way to the bank. The premiere in my town is already sold out.
^^This

If a few dicks want to make a point which won't actually make a jot of difference other than freeing up some seats I really don't care.
You can't make everyone happy. You are not pizza.
Cinemachinery
Super Poster

Post by Cinemachinery »

phe_de wrote:

I actually had a friend here i Chicago thank the dimwits for boycotting as he scored tickets the second they were released.

Another friend pointed out that hating on Star Wars is another great way to categorize these nimrods.
Anakin McFly
Ultimate Poster

Post by Anakin McFly »

Ticket sales have broken records:

"Just from domestic advanced ticket sales for the premium format, The Force Awakens has already grossed a whopping $6.5 million. ... Star Wars absolutely demolished this record, which was previously held in a three-way tie between The Dark Knight Rises, The Hunger Games, and The Avengers. All three of those blockbusters made around $1 million from advanced IMAX sales."

...I should probably start booking mine.
Unvoiced_Apollo
Ultimate Poster

Post by Unvoiced_Apollo »

Anakin McFly wrote:Ticket sales have broken records:

"Just from domestic advanced ticket sales for the premium format, The Force Awakens has already grossed a whopping $6.5 million. ... Star Wars absolutely demolished this record, which was previously held in a three-way tie between The Dark Knight Rises, The Hunger Games, and The Avengers. All three of those blockbusters made around $1 million from advanced IMAX sales."

...I should probably start booking mine.
I hope you're ready for a front row seat.
CashRules
Ultimate Poster

Post by CashRules »

So everybody agrees about beer?
__
You can't hang a man for killing a woman who's trying to steal his horse.
OpiateOfTheMasses
Global Moderator

Post by OpiateOfTheMasses »

Sweet, sweet beer. It takes away the pain, y'know.
You can't make everyone happy. You are not pizza.
Anakin McFly
Ultimate Poster

Post by Anakin McFly »

Tickets aren't yet available for booking here. [sad5]