Fandango & AMC Crash during Star Wars Pre-orders

Gypsy-Vanner
Ultra Poster

Re: Fandango & AMC Crash during Star Wars Pre-orders

Post by Gypsy-Vanner »

Trailer looks pretty cool so I get why all the excitement but to crash two big name online companies like that?
I Shall Smite Thee Ruinous While Thy Soul Weeps for Salvation
Unvoiced_Apollo
Ultimate Poster

Post by Unvoiced_Apollo »

Gypsy-Vanner wrote:Trailer looks pretty cool so I get why all the excitement but to crash two big name online companies like that?
Alamo Drafthouse also had problems handling the volume.
Pope Bucky
Super Poster

Post by Pope Bucky »

I never really understood the "I need to see it as soon as it comes out especially the first day or I am a big failure" mentality. I've taken advantage of sneak previews when I happened upon them, Fury being the most recent, but I never felt I HAD to see a movie opening day or week even.

I'll see this movie. Of course I will. I just don't get this presale fever.
Unvoiced_Apollo
Ultimate Poster

Pope Bucky wrote:I never really understood the "I need to see it as soon as it comes out especially the first day or I am a big failure" mentality. I've taken advantage of sneak previews when I happened upon them, Fury being the most recent, but I never felt I HAD to see a movie opening day or week even.

I'll see this movie. Of course I will. I just don't get this presale fever.
People, especially fanbases like Star Wars, want to.be able to talk about it as soon as possible. They don't want to overhear discussions that could lead to spoilers. They want to converse about how great this was or how lame that was and not feel left out.
Gypsy-Vanner
Ultra Poster

Post by Gypsy-Vanner »

I avoid the theater because I hate watching a movie with a lot of other people because I don't like people. I like watching in the intimacy of my own home and bed...alone.
I Shall Smite Thee Ruinous While Thy Soul Weeps for Salvation
Gendo
Site Admin

Post by Gendo »

I just built a theater in my own home.
Unvoiced_Apollo
Ultimate Poster

Gypsy-Vanner wrote:I avoid the theater because I hate watching a movie with a lot of other people because I don't like people. I like watching in the intimacy of my own home and bed...alone.
The theater I'm going to is one of those that has reserved seating and a full menu (entrees, sides, etc) you can order from without leaving yout seat.