Sulla!

Here you can talk about anything that isn't covered by the other categories.
Gendo
Site Admin

Sulla!

Post by Gendo »

Apparently Sulla has been active on IMDB recently. Someone please PM him and ask him to get over here to say hi. I can't because stupid Vegas had me permabanned. http://www.imdb.com/user/ur10134453/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Boomer
Super Poster

Re: Sulla!

Post by Boomer »

What? How'd that douchenugget get you banned?
...the only people for me are the mad ones...
Islandmur
Global Moderator

Post by Islandmur »

You were banned on IMDB? can't you ceate another account? with another ip of course!
OpiateOfTheMasses
Global Moderator

Post by OpiateOfTheMasses »

He doesn't want to come back. I'm on my mobile (cell) at the moment, but when I'm back at a PC I'll copy his message.
You can't make everyone happy. You are not pizza.
Gendo
Site Admin

Post by Gendo »

Vegas got me banned because I changed my username on another account to a parody of him. The exact same thing that Marv and other posters had done before. It's not an IP thing; but there's that whole "verification" thing that you have to do to actually post. Both accounts were verified with my phone number, so my real account got banned also. I can't use that phone number to verify a new account now, and I'm not willing to enter my credit card info to verify that way. I've tried using those websites that let you check texts sent to various numbers just for this sort of thing, but they aren't working.

Anyway, point is, someone get Sulla over here!
Gendo
Site Admin

Post by Gendo »

OpiateOfTheMasses wrote:He doesn't want to come back. I'm on my mobile (cell) at the moment, but when I'm back at a PC I'll copy his message.
[mjeyds]. I mean, I'm not expecting him to start hanging around again or anything, but it would be nice if he at least said hi and let us know how he's been doing.
Blade Azaezel
Ultra Poster

Post by Blade Azaezel »

Gendo wrote:
OpiateOfTheMasses wrote:He doesn't want to come back. I'm on my mobile (cell) at the moment, but when I'm back at a PC I'll copy his message.
[mjeyds]. I mean, I'm not expecting him to start hanging around again or anything, but it would be nice if he at least said hi and let us know how he's been doing.
Maybe he's just not that into you [none]
OpiateOfTheMasses
Global Moderator

Hello!

Thanks for the invitation. They must have short memories because I was on that board (or the previous one by RandallFlagg) a couple of years ago and I left for a reason. I come to message boards for fun. I didn't find that board to be much fun. For one thing, that board has a finite number of posters. They talked for a while about about going public, but I guess it never worked out.

The decision to leave was very difficult and I agonized over it for weeks. There are a few posters who I've known for a long time and who I really like. I do miss them. But there are also some who I no longer care to be around on such a small board. The RFS board isn't as much fun as I would like, but there are plenty of other boards here to provide me with entertainment. And I still see some familiar names such as yourself. I now feel that we should never have left the RFS board. I would rather see a return of the former posters here. I think that was the original plan, although it apparently changed somewhere along the way.

I am curious as to why Gendo is barred from coming back here. I can't imagine him doing anything which would warrant that. The IMDb can't even bar Aye Lewis, and Gendo isn't a known troublemaker.

It's always a pleasure to hear from you.
OpiateOfTheMasses
Global Moderator

I am really pleased with myself for doing that on my phone!
OpiateOfTheMasses
Global Moderator

Sad about the message though. [sad]
Gendo
Site Admin

Post by Gendo »

If you don't mind, could you pass along my message that I'm not expecting him to start hanging out here, but just that it would be nice to know how he's been and for him to say hi?
OpiateOfTheMasses
Global Moderator

Will do.

(What''s the going rate for secretarial services these days? [wink] )
Unvoiced_Apollo
Ultimate Poster

Post by Unvoiced_Apollo »

OpiateOfTheMasses wrote:Will do.

(What''s the going rate for secretarial services these days? [wink] )
Depends on how much internship experience you have.
Blade Azaezel
Ultra Poster

Post by Blade Azaezel »

And whether or not you want to be sexually objectified and have Gendo slapping your arse whilst calling you 'sweetheart'.
OpiateOfTheMasses
Global Moderator

I was kinda hoping he would... [blush]
Islandmur
Global Moderator

Post by Islandmur »

yeah I kind of agree with too few people here and that we should open to public. I have said it before.

And while i'm not leaving that is the reason i started reposting on IMDB more activity.
Unvoiced_Apollo
Ultimate Poster

Post by Unvoiced_Apollo »

Islandmur wrote:yeah I kind of agree with too few people here and that we should open to public. I have said it before.

And while i'm not leaving that is the reason i started reposting on IMDB more activity.

This, though I visit RFS hardly ever.
Gendo
Site Admin

Post by Gendo »

We are open to the public in that anyone who wants to join is free to do so. They would need me to actually activate the account, but I activate any account that comes in. We just aren't in that you have to register to read posts. But there's been no evidence to suggest that allowing that would increase membership; in fact the experience with Randall's board seems evidence to the contrary. So I'd love to have new people, I just don't know where we expect them to come from.
Gypsy-Vanner
Ultra Poster

Post by Gypsy-Vanner »

What Gendo said. Making it public won't do anything to bring people in. We'd have to bot spam the world to get people to notice our little site and it's doubtful anyone would join.

And Sulla won't come here, he's an elitist. In that he only prefers dragons for company. [none]
I Shall Smite Thee Ruinous While Thy Soul Weeps for Salvation
Islandmur
Global Moderator

Post by Islandmur »

Don't some of you frequent other boards? game boards and the like? I seem to remember people saying they would invite people from other boards they frequent?

And wasn't this board visible / readable before and now close? People won't actually sign up for something they can't get a preview of. (thought I know it was done so Vegas and Co wouldn't comment on what was said here but then again VIP section people!).

I don't know how to bring more people in, haitians don't really do forums unless it's with other haitian so they can talk politics all the time.

I do know advertising though and you need a hook! lol

Well that's my 4 cents.
Gypsy-Vanner
Ultra Poster

Post by Gypsy-Vanner »

Is that Haitian cents by chance?
Islandmur
Global Moderator

Post by Islandmur »

Gypsy-Vanner wrote:Is that Haitian cents by chance?
It's all my cents woman! And as today is my bd all value is quadrupled!
Gypsy-Vanner
Ultra Poster

Post by Gypsy-Vanner »

Women make less money than men so you might as well quintuple the amount while we are at it!
Gendo
Site Admin

Post by Gendo »

I invited people from my other board; a couple of them created an account but never posted. Yes, non-members used to be able to read the board and now they can't. But no new members signed up before, so making the posts hidden from non-members had no impact on people signing up. Even if it were publicly readable, people wouldn't be able to find it. It's not like this is going to show up high on the list of any Google search about "message boards for discussion". Not that I think people are likely to Google for that kind of thing anyway. I think people generally find message boards because they are related to a particular category of stuff they want to discuss; like IMDB was for movies, or my other board is for Dominion. The only way new members would show up here, whether its publicly readable or not, is by people hearing about it from other people here.
Pope Bucky
Super Poster

Post by Pope Bucky »

I bet we'd get people to sign up if we changed the name to TittersPlace.
OpiateOfTheMasses
Global Moderator

I tend to think of this place a bit like a small pub tucked away in a quiet corner with the posters being the regulars. Some frequent the pub more often than others, but they're all regulars. So they get to know each other's habits and sense of humour, etc. And if anyone else were to join that it can be quite intimidating being the newbie - just like walking into a slightly strange, remote pub where everyone inside it obviously knows each other very well.

And the other board is like a low-rent dive of a club that lets anyone in. As such it's always busy, but most of the people there you'd want to avoid and you're generally keep one eye on your drink and you feel the need to keep checking your wallet. You also keep wandering why the floor is so sticky when you're walking on it. And don't get me started on the toilets... But there's anonymity in the crowd and you don't need to worry about being picked out for doing something wrong, because look at that guy over there - what an asshole he is! - so newbies feel less pressure too.

So whilst you're normally happy in you're local having a quiet one, occasionally you fancy a change. So you go to the dive for a bit. Then you come back.

[I think I've contorted this analogy as much as I can now, although if we changed the name to TittersPlace we could offer lap dances in our bar...]
CashRules
Ultimate Poster

Post by CashRules »

There are already too many people here. It should be restricted to people from Tennessee and Cornwall. Also, by Tennessee I don't mean Shelby County which should really be transferred to Mississippi.
__
You can't hang a man for killing a woman who's trying to steal his horse.
Cinemachinery
Super Poster

Post by Cinemachinery »

There are already too many people here. It should be restricted to people from Tennessee and Cornwall.
I'll still be the awkward third wheel.
Even I find my avatar disturbing.
CashRules
Ultimate Poster

Post by CashRules »

EDIT: People who still live in Tennessee instead of getting above their raising and moving off to them damn Yankee states.
__
You can't hang a man for killing a woman who's trying to steal his horse.
aels
Global Moderator

Post by aels »

OpiateOfTheMasses wrote:I tend to think of this place a bit like a small pub tucked away in a quiet corner with the posters being the regulars. Some frequent the pub more often than others, but they're all regulars. So they get to know each other's habits and sense of humour, etc. And if anyone else were to join that it can be quite intimidating being the newbie - just like walking into a slightly strange, remote pub where everyone inside it obviously knows each other very well.

And the other board is like a low-rent dive of a club that lets anyone in. As such it's always busy, but most of the people there you'd want to avoid and you're generally keep one eye on your drink and you feel the need to keep checking your wallet. You also keep wandering why the floor is so sticky when you're walking on it. And don't get me started on the toilets... But there's anonymity in the crowd and you don't need to worry about being picked out for doing something wrong, because look at that guy over there - what an asshole he is! - so newbies feel less pressure too.

So whilst you're normally happy in you're local having a quiet one, occasionally you fancy a change. So you go to the dive for a bit. Then you come back.

[I think I've contorted this analogy as much as I can now, although if we changed the name to TittersPlace we could offer lap dances in our bar...]
That's pretty much exactly how I feel. I've stopped going to the dive bar because there are a couple of creepy guys there who I think might be sex predators and I'm worried about what they're putting in my drink.
WORDS IN THE HEART CANNOT BE TAKEN
OpiateOfTheMasses
Global Moderator

So.... you're in favour of us offering lap dancers? That's what I took from your post.
aels
Global Moderator

Post by aels »

Oh, I'm sorry, I thought you meant Lapp dancers.

WORDS IN THE HEART CANNOT BE TAKEN
OpiateOfTheMasses
Global Moderator

Mind you, the sixth in is kinda hot don't you think?
Pope Bucky
Super Poster

Post by Pope Bucky »

CashRules wrote:There are already too many people here. It should be restricted to people from Tennessee and Cornwall. Also, by Tennessee I don't mean Shelby County which should really be transferred to Mississippi.
I only work in Shelby County. I don't live there.
BruceSmith78
Ultimate Poster

Post by BruceSmith78 »

For one thing, that board has a finite number of posters.
But every board has a finite number of posters. [giveup]