Fringe

Gypsy-Vanner
Ultra Poster

Fringe

Post by Gypsy-Vanner »

So I am watching this show which I enjoy quite a bit but something happened that I am still trying to work through. I won't give spoilers in case someone decides to watch this at some point.

Anyways, Fringe is a show about pseudo science like telepathy and alternate universes etc...this FBI agent is pulled into a special FBI division called Fringe and the plot is based on a conspiracy of a great battle that is coming however each episode features a look at a particular aspect of pseudo science which at times can be linked to this great battle that is coming. It's pretty cool. And John Nobel as an insane scientist is even better.

The thing that is perplexing is that at the beginning of S2 the FBI agent ended up having to shoot and kill her partner who was someone I really liked as a supporting character and after I cried for a bit and yelled at JJ Abrams, I moved on. However, for some inexplicable reason, this partner named Charlie shows up in episode 11 supporting her in a case. It was like nothing happened, and several episodes after there still has been no explanation for his sudden appearance. He hasn't been back either. I had thought maybe she was projecting him as a reaction to the guilt she felt but he chased down suspects and talked and was acknowledged so he wasn't a figment of her imagination. I then thought maybe he came from the alternate universe but it doesn't fit because the entire episode was like episode 11 never happened.

If anyone has seen this show and knows if this was a goof or an important "planned" twist let me know. I am not going to IMDB because I don't want to be spoiled as I am only on S2x17
I Shall Smite Thee Ruinous While Thy Soul Weeps for Salvation
Unvoiced_Apollo
Ultimate Poster

Re: Fringe

Post by Unvoiced_Apollo »

Is there a change in Olivia's career/look/office location?

I don't remember what point it was in the show, but they bring in an alternate dimension at one point.
Last edited by Unvoiced_Apollo on Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anakin McFly
Ultimate Poster

Post by Anakin McFly »

I just googled it, and apparently it was supposed to be in Season 1; the episode was unaired for some reason, and then they decided to just plunk it into S2.
Unvoiced_Apollo
Ultimate Poster

Anakin McFly wrote:I just googled it, and apparently it was supposed to be in Season 1; the episode was unaired for some reason, and then they decided to just plunk it into S2.
That would explain why I didn't remember that instance of her & charlie post mortum.
CashRules
Ultimate Poster

Post by CashRules »

Alternate universes =/= pseudo science.
__
You can't hang a man for killing a woman who's trying to steal his horse.
Gypsy-Vanner
Ultra Poster

Post by Gypsy-Vanner »

Really? That was stupid because I know he was a fan favorite and doing that to fans aka me is like a stab in the heart those unfeeling bastards!

And shut up pigfarmer.
CashRules
Ultimate Poster

Post by CashRules »

Stop flirting with me.
__
Unvoiced_Apollo
Ultimate Poster

CashRules wrote:Alternate universes =/= pseudo science.
You're right. But they later explain why all the weird sh!t has been going on & it does involve that other dimension
CashRules
Ultimate Poster

Post by CashRules »

Okay then that's f-cking pseudo science.
__
Gypsy-Vanner
Ultra Poster

Post by Gypsy-Vanner »

Are we not allowed to use the word fucking or something?
Gypsy-Vanner
Ultra Poster

Post by Gypsy-Vanner »

Why you put a dash in there? I bet it is some kind of subconscious shout out to the Kardashians.
CashRules
Ultimate Poster

Post by CashRules »

I get confused in my old age about which board I'm posting on. It's probably Alzheimer's.
__
Gypsy-Vanner
Ultra Poster

Post by Gypsy-Vanner »

No, I think it's an unhealthy obsession with the Kardashians. I'm telling Aels.
Anakin McFly
Ultimate Poster

Post by Anakin McFly »

Also, S3 is my favourite season. I didn't know it was possible for a show to get that awesome, but around then it just kept getting better with each episode.