Question for those who saw Star Wars VII (spoilers)

Unvoiced_Apollo
Ultimate Poster

Question for those who saw Star Wars VII (spoilers)

Post by Unvoiced_Apollo »

I can't remember. Was it said that Luke founded his own school and then Kylo destroyed it?
Pope Bucky
Super Poster

Re: Question for those who saw Star Wars VII (spoilers)

Post by Pope Bucky »

I need to see it again. Not sure if it was said to be Kylo who did or if the line was something like, "One of his students..."
Unvoiced_Apollo
Ultimate Poster

Pope Bucky wrote:I need to see it again. Not sure if it was said to be Kylo who did or if the line was something like, "One of his students..."
I just needed it established that w/in the current Star Wars canon that Luke did have a school & it was destroyed.
Ptolemy_Banana
Super Poster

Post by Ptolemy_Banana »

Yes, Luke had formed a jedi school. Kylo was one of them but turned to the dark side and killed the others, at which point Luke went into hiding, in grief/despair/some other reason.
Gendo
Site Admin

Post by Gendo »

In the movie, they do not say that Kylo was a student at the school. Like Pope says, they just said that he had a student who turned evil. I guess it makes sense to assume that student was Kylo.
Gendo
Site Admin

Post by Gendo »

Ok, here's a question. Right after Han tells Finn "That's not how the force works", he says something else. I think something with the word "cold" in it. Everyone was laughing from the first joke so I couldn't hear what he said, but people were laughing even harder after that. Anyone know that line?
Anakin McFly
Ultimate Poster

Post by Anakin McFly »

I think that was also the line I didn't catch because people were laughing too loudly. [sad]
Gendo
Site Admin

Post by Gendo »

According to people on another forum, Chewie said something, and then Han replied "you're cold?"
Unvoiced_Apollo
Ultimate Poster

Gendo wrote:According to people on another forum, Chewie said something, and then Han replied "you're cold?"
That was a great line.
BruceSmith78
Ultimate Poster

Post by BruceSmith78 »

Gendo wrote:In the movie, they do not say that Kylo was a student at the school. Like Pope says, they just said that he had a student who turned evil. I guess it makes sense to assume that student was Kylo.
During a conversation between Han and Leia, it's also mentioned that Kylo has too much Vader in him, and that's why they sent him to Luke, and that Luke couldn't keep him from the dark side. It's pretty obvious Kylo's the student that went batshit.