Flicks

Gypsy-Vanner
Ultra Poster

Flicks

Post by Gypsy-Vanner »

Ex Machina - I was very bored. That's all.

MI-5 - The flick with Jon Snow. It was enjoyable, nothing to write home about though. I think Kit Harrington has a very expressive face which he uses well but I think he still has some way to go in refining his talent as he can be somewhat awkward at times.

Sicario - Hmmm...I think my expectation and what I actually got caused me to not have any idea what the point of the flick was. I mean, dirty dark covert/black ops dealings with cartel issues and the affect such things can have on a young FBI idealist is interesting but not nearly enough to make an entire movie out of it.

Star Wars - Very enjoyable but holy cow the pace was fast! I compare it to the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan and the last 6 books he wrote in which progress in the plot was agonizingly slow and then Jordan dies and Brandan Sanderson picks up for the last 3 books and we went from snail to falcon speed. I liked the references to the other films in the series but I think it relied on that just a bit too much rather than a bit of originality.
I Shall Smite Thee Ruinous While Thy Soul Weeps for Salvation
sikax
Ultimate Poster

Re: Flicks

Post by sikax »

Yeah, Sicario was kind of flat and empty.

Ex Machina was great. It's funny that the two male leads are both in the new Star Wars.
The agonies which are have their origin in the ecstasies which might have been.