Stan Lee needs to go.

CashRules
Ultimate Poster

Stan Lee needs to go.

Post by CashRules »

It's getting ridiculous for this plagiarizing fuck to keep showing up randomly in minor and completely unimportant roles in every goddamn Marvel movie. I just watched both Guardians of the Galaxy and The Winter Soldier and this shit is really starting to piss me off. Shouldn't he be busy stealing more ideas from DC? Stan Lee as a museum security guard, are you fucking kidding me? South Park stopped killing off Kenny in every episode because it was getting old so it's long passed time for Stan lee to go away. The Bastard!
__
You can't hang a man for killing a woman who's trying to steal his horse.
Gendo
Site Admin

Re: Stan Lee needs to go.

Post by Gendo »

It's ok to be wrong; there's a first time for everything.
CashRules
Ultimate Poster

Post by CashRules »

I'll keep that in mind if it ever happens.
__
sikax
Ultimate Poster

Post by sikax »

Plagiarism and Stan Lee's presence aside, Marvel movies just plain suck (9 out of 10 times).
The agonies which are have their origin in the ecstasies which might have been.
Gendo
Site Admin

Post by Gendo »

sikax wrote:Plagiarism and Stan Lee's presence aside, Marvel movies just plain suck (9 out of 10 times).
Are you channeling DA? [mjeyds] Maybe I just haven't paid enough attention, but I don't remember you talking about disliking the marvel movies before. You didn't like Avengers, Winter Soldier, Iron Man, or Guardians?
CashRules
Ultimate Poster

Post by CashRules »

All of the Iron Man movies suck because all of the Iron Man comics suck because the character sucks. Iron Man is the worst Batman rip-off of all 437 Marvel rip-offs of Batman.
__
sikax
Ultimate Poster

Post by sikax »

Gendo wrote:
sikax wrote:Plagiarism and Stan Lee's presence aside, Marvel movies just plain suck (9 out of 10 times).
Are you channeling DA? [mjeyds] Maybe I just haven't paid enough attention, but I don't remember you talking about disliking the marvel movies before. You didn't like Avengers, Winter Soldier, Iron Man, or Guardians?
I thought it was general consensus that Marvel flicks these days are mostly silly fluff not to be taken seriously. The first Iron Man was decently entertaining, and Guardians was thoroughly entertaining, but other than that I don't recall enjoying any Marvel flicks since Tobey's first two Spider-Man's. I do like the X-Men franchise in general, but the whole time travel thing in the last one was really really stupid.

The Avengers movies are utter shite, but I don't care as much as DA does to, like, hate it.
Gendo
Site Admin

Post by Gendo »

sikax wrote: I thought it was general consensus that Marvel flicks these days are mostly silly fluff not to be taken seriously.
Consensus of whom? Avengers has 92% on Rotten Tomatoes; 8.1 on IMDB, just enough to be in the top 250. Are they silly? Of course. They're superhero movies. They aren't meant to be amazing works of art. But as far as fun summer blockbusters go, they have been wildly successful.
sikax
Ultimate Poster

Post by sikax »

"Fun summer blockbusters" usually suck. Also, not all superhero movies are silly. They don't have to be. Look, I'm fine with there being shitty fluff movies out there--I'm not DA--but I also don't see anything wrong with me saying that they're shitty when they're shitty. They're shitty!
Derived Absurdity
Ultimate Poster

Post by Derived Absurdity »

I don't hate Marvel. Jessica Jones was good and Ant-Man was good because of Paul Rudd. I haven't seen Winter Soldier yet and it's supposed to be good. But yeah, it's mostly shitty. Mad Max forever ruined my sympathy for most fun summer blockbusters.
Monk
Ultra Poster

Post by Monk »

sikax wrote:
Gendo wrote:
I thought it was general consensus that Marvel flicks these days are mostly silly fluff not to be taken seriously. The first Iron Man was decently entertaining, and Guardians was thoroughly entertaining, but other than that I don't recall enjoying any Marvel flicks since Tobey's first two Spider-Man's. I do like the X-Men franchise in general, but the whole time travel thing in the last one was really really stupid.

The Avengers movies are utter shite, but I don't care as much as DA does to, like, hate it.
Your argument fell apart after the comparisons to Spider-Man 1 and 2
BruceSmith78
Ultimate Poster

Post by BruceSmith78 »

The last X-Men movie was easily the best.
Blade Azaezel
Ultra Poster

Post by Blade Azaezel »

Stan Lee's cameos in every goddamn film are really pissing me off. I'm actually looking forward to the day he dies so I never see his face making some dumb in-joke reference.