The guy on the left.

Here you can talk about anything that isn't covered by the other categories.
CashRules
Ultimate Poster

The guy on the left.

Post by CashRules »

Okay, it's O'Malley, the Democratic candidate who is still sticking around for no legitimate reason. I've ignored the debates for the most part because I am thoroughly disgusted with the antics of both parties. But I just watched a clip from last night's debate and this asshat actually repeated verbatim the same ignorance I've mentioned dozens of times that shows why the Democrats need to shut the fuck up about guns:
I have yet to meet a deer hunter who needs an AR-15 to hunt deer.
The other two nodded in agreement with this one boneheaded sentence that contains more ignorance than it should be possible to convey in only 15 words.

A) What does need have to do with anything?

B) What does deer hunting have to do with anything?

C) You're damn right they shouldn't be deer-hunting with an AR-15 because it's too damn small and too low-powered for big game hunting and anybody who hunts deer with an oversized pellet gun is somebody who needs to be shot. Most states don't allow it. The states where it's legal (North Carolina being the nearest one to me that I can recall) need to change their fucking laws and stop allowing people to hunt big game (including wild boar and black bear as well as deer) with a gun that shouldn't be used for hunting anything much bigger than a rabbit.

D) Why in the blue hell do these fuckers have such a hang-up about AR-15s?

The U.S. banned AR-15s and almost 20 other models of "assault weapons" for a decade with no measurable effect on anything except inspiring me to go out and buy two guns I never even had any use for and keep them for ten years just as a "fuck you" to these idiots. Has the general public (and I'm thinking mostly people in urban areas since rural people aren't usually this damn ignorant of firearms) actually fallen for this scam and been falsely led to believe that the AR-15 is some huge scary weapon that is somehow more dangerous than any "hunting" rifle even though the AR-15 fires one of the smallest and least powerful rounds available? Is it solely because the AR-15 has a "military" look? Is the general public really this easily swayed by aesthetics? Or is the general public (those unaccustomed to firearms because they've been raised to be sissies) frightened at the mere sight of a gun and this one is just the gun-control advocates' favorite boogeyman for some reason? If so, what is that reason? Are people actually gullible enough to believe that this gun is more powerful than my Remington 700 Safari Rifle .458 Magnum (which so far nobody wants to ban) when a .458 is made for hunting elephants and rhinos and stopping them in their tracks with one shot? It's like thinking swords are cool and being scared of a pocket knife. I won't even fire my .458 anymore because it has enough recoil to knock a small house off its foundation.

I want answers or by God I'm going to kill a groundhog, and a .223 is just about the right size for that.

Rant over...maybe.
__
You can't hang a man for killing a woman who's trying to steal his horse.