Random favorite scenes

Cassius Clay
Ultimate Poster

Random favorite scenes

Post by Cassius Clay »

It's all fun and games until your mother gets burned alive in her trailer.

Before this scene, the movie was mostly goofy, gangster shenanigans(dark comedy), but this is where shit got a little too real. I like the use and timing of the music to match the changing tone, and the way Statham(as the voice over) delivers the line with a pause(the pause makes the following line more powerful because it makes you think that all Brick Top did was destroy some property), just before the cut to Pitt.
Blade Azaezel
Ultra Poster

Re: Random favorite scenes

Post by Blade Azaezel »

I love this scene from Supernatural. It's pretty much a spoiler for anyone who intends to watch the series, but for those who don't and want some back story...

Lucifer has risen and has 4 rings that bind the 4 horsemen to his bidding. Dean has been hunting them down and finally meets up with Death.

This conversation between a supreme being and an average joe is great, and it really builds the character without having him do too much.

Cassius Clay
Ultimate Poster

Post by Cassius Clay »

My man Frodo is fucked

This scene is funny but it also gives me goosebumps because it's meant to show that even a powerful, wise, self-assured elder elf that is supposed to be on his side can barely resist the ring. Drives home the point that he's completely on his own. Reminds me of that Nina Simone song "Sinnerman". There's a line where it goes something like "I ran to the lord....please help me lord! Don't you see me praying...something something...then the lord says, go to the devil..."
Cassius Clay
Ultimate Poster

Post by Cassius Clay »

Powerful scene. Pretty good acting by Rosamund Pike and Mr. Depp.

Cassius Clay
Ultimate Poster

Post by Cassius Clay »

Only the penitent man shall pass.

Always loved the tone of this scene.
CashRules
Ultimate Poster

Post by CashRules »

I almost always hate it when they throw supernatural elements into a series that had no previous connection to the supernatural but for some reason this one just worked:

This was one of the few memorable scenes from the last three seasons of a show that went to Hell after three great seasons and three not great but still good ones. But it really did seem like they were just begging for viewers at times after losing nearly half of the main cast. But the fact that one of television's most evil characters was able to find redemption in the end made the last few episodes at least worth watching. This is a guy who murdered his own brother and put the blame on a troubled teenager who had just committed suicide and that's just one of the many evil deeds perpetrated by Dan Scott:

How do you find redemption after that? With some damn good writing and acting.
__
You can't hang a man for killing a woman who's trying to steal his horse.
Cassius Clay
Ultimate Poster

Post by Cassius Clay »

I love it when supernatural elements are suddenly added to a show or movie when it's done right.

I know there's some good ones, but can't remember any right now.
Cassius Clay
Ultimate Poster

Post by Cassius Clay »

Daniel Craig would like to apologize, but he can't:

God, I love the way the upbeat music is used as part of the building tension/suspense. Fucking beautiful:

Taking out Daniel Craig:

Cassius Clay
Ultimate Poster

Post by Cassius Clay »

Jason Bourne is a Mary Sue. [none] Badass scene tho...love the momentum build as it cuts back and forth between them looking for him and him finding them easily.

Cassius Clay
Ultimate Poster

Post by Cassius Clay »

"What's up with this fool, what is he sandwich crazy?" [laugh]

It's a little cheesy, but I love the way this scene flows(the quick pace of it while so many different character interactions are going on simultaneously) and how it introduces us to the characters and the dynamics of the relationships(like Dom being the big brother/father figure)....the way there is so much being communicated(the tension between Brian and Vince) between the characters and with the viewers without much explicit dialogue. That's how you subtly and quickly give a character some depth. The fast and furious franchise isn't great, but this and the "dude, I almost had you" scenes are my favorite. Rip Paul Skywalker.