Shit I'm Watching/Watched

Gypsy-Vanner
Ultra Poster

Shit I'm Watching/Watched

Post by Gypsy-Vanner »

Season 3 The Newsroom - I really hate that they had to wrap this show up at season 3 with limited episodes. I absolutely loved this show and I almost didn't bother with season 3 because I knew it would suck. So, while it didn't suck it still left me unsatisfied. So little time to explore all the relationship dynamics they had brought to life in S1 & 2. Everything was so rushed. And the stuff with Charlie...I'm sure everyone who had watched the show knew what would eventually happen but the role reversal beforehand was...awful. I hate what they did even though they explained the decision with the conversation between Charlie's wife and Don. I think this could have had 4 full seasons and that would have been perfect. I hope Will and Mac find themselves in something like this again someday.

Nikita - (covert ops agent gone rouge) I have avoided this show ever since it popped up in Netflix solely because it was a CW show and I cannot stand much of anything on CW as so much crap is geared to tweeners however, I found myself in a ShowHole and said what the fuck, might as well try it. I watched all 3.5 seasons and I'm glad I did. I can't stand Shane West personally and I wish they had case someone else but it was still good. I think this was an entertaining show with decent intrigue, plots, and characters. I loved Birkhoff and especially Owen. Amanda was pleasantly evil and sadistic which drove a lot of the later episodes in the series. Season 4 with their limited allotment of episodes I think they handled very well in closing up the show and loose ends.

Lucifer - (Devil takes a vacation to Las Vegas) New series that I think is entertaining so far however I think I could learn to hate it eventually solely because of his voice. I know, that's not a good reason but man, something about the cadence of his voice tones drives me crazy. As for cop lady, took me a while to realize she was Shay in Chicago Fire and I loved her in that but this role doesn't resonate very well with me. She seems so awkward.

Second Chance - (old corrupt sheriff is murdered but brought back to life as his younger but more optimal self by genius introvert and his twin sister) Another new series that I think could go farther than Lucifer. I like the interplay between old dead young alive Jimmy and his son Duval. As with all new shows the actors need a bit of time to feel out their characters and really come into it but the pilot was engaging and so far it's been enjoyable with plots. The son Duval is a FBI agent and when old corrupt sheriff daddy insinuates himself is his unsuspecting son's life as a CI it really drives some interesting plot points.

MOVIES

The Good Dinosaur - meh...I was hoping for more but it was a bit boring at times. That's all I can really think of to say about it.

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon: Sword of Destiny - entertaining for sure but not as engaging as it's prequel. Should have been a series with like 10 episodes to really explore the world after CTHD.
I Shall Smite Thee Ruinous While Thy Soul Weeps for Salvation
Unvoiced_Apollo
Ultimate Poster

Re: Shit I'm Watching/Watched

Post by Unvoiced_Apollo »

Gypsy-Vanner wrote:Season 3 The Newsroom - I really hate that they had to wrap this show up at season 3 with limited episodes. I absolutely loved this show and I almost didn't bother with season 3 because I knew it would suck. So, while it didn't suck it still left me unsatisfied. So little time to explore all the relationship dynamics they had brought to life in S1 & 2. Everything was so rushed. And the stuff with Charlie...I'm sure everyone who had watched the show knew what would eventually happen but the role reversal beforehand was...awful. I hate what they did even though they explained the decision with the conversation between Charlie's wife and Don. I think this could have had 4 full seasons and that would have been perfect. I hope Will and Mac find themselves in something like this again someday.

Nikita - (covert ops agent gone rouge) I have avoided this show ever since it popped up in Netflix solely because it was a CW show and I cannot stand much of anything on CW as so much crap is geared to tweeners however, I found myself in a ShowHole and said what the fuck, might as well try it. I watched all 3.5 seasons and I'm glad I did. I can't stand Shane West personally and I wish they had case someone else but it was still good. I think this was an entertaining show with decent intrigue, plots, and characters. I loved Birkhoff and especially Owen. Amanda was pleasantly evil and sadistic which drove a lot of the later episodes in the series. Season 4 with their limited allotment of episodes I think they handled very well in closing up the show and loose ends.

Lucifer - (Devil takes a vacation to Las Vegas) New series that I think is entertaining so far however I think I could learn to hate it eventually solely because of his voice. I know, that's not a good reason but man, something about the cadence of his voice tones drives me crazy. As for cop lady, took me a while to realize she was Shay in Chicago Fire and I loved her in that but this role doesn't resonate very well with me. She seems so awkward.

Second Chance - (old corrupt sheriff is murdered but brought back to life as his younger but more optimal self by genius introvert and his twin sister) Another new series that I think could go farther than Lucifer. I like the interplay between old dead young alive Jimmy and his son Duval. As with all new shows the actors need a bit of time to feel out their characters and really come into it but the pilot was engaging and so far it's been enjoyable with plots. The son Duval is a FBI agent and when old corrupt sheriff daddy insinuates himself is his unsuspecting son's life as a CI it really drives some interesting plot points.

MOVIES

The Good Dinosaur - meh...I was hoping for more but it was a bit boring at times. That's all I can really think of to say about it.

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon: Sword of Destiny - entertaining for sure but not as engaging as it's prequel. Should have been a series with like 10 episodes to really explore the world after CTHD.
Honestly, TGD is lucky to get away with "meh" considering all the behind development hell: replacing the director, completely starting the story over from scratch, replacing all the voice actors with all new ones less than a year before its release. With all its troubles, "meh" is pretty damn good. And while I didn't enjoy it, the backdrops were gorgeous.
Gypsy-Vanner
Ultra Poster

Post by Gypsy-Vanner »

I did not know that, I suppose that does render a "meh" not half bad!
Monk
Ultra Poster

Post by Monk »

I'm afraid to watch the new Crouching Tiger movie because I loved the first one. The sequel looks more like a generic Wuxia film, while the first really stood out for its story and strong relationships (as well as beauty).

Also, I'm going to be watching the Newsroom season 3 soon, and it's upsetting that it got the shaft in its concluding season.
Gypsy-Vanner
Ultra Poster

Post by Gypsy-Vanner »

Well, definitely don't go into Sword of Destiny with any expectations. I was cool with it being taped in English though many people hated that and the storyline was difficult to understand. I was confused a lot so I went back to watch Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon and realized that either I missed a 2nd movie that would have been between these two or someone took some grand liberties in this new release.
Monk
Ultra Poster

Post by Monk »

Ugh, the ending the Newsroom was so unsatisfying..And that shit with Charlie was shoddy tear jerking bullshit