Chi-Raq

sikax
Ultimate Poster

Chi-Raq

Post by sikax »

Just, like, watch it.
The agonies which are have their origin in the ecstasies which might have been.
Unvoiced_Apollo
Ultimate Poster

Re: Chi-Raq

Post by Unvoiced_Apollo »

sikax wrote:Just, like, watch it.
Last time I saw a critically acclaimed but audience-hated movie, I was bored out of my mind. So, convince me.
sikax
Ultimate Poster

Post by sikax »

It's Spike Lee at his best. Fuck-whitey blackness at its best. Poetry at its best. He took an ancient Greek play about oppression and feminism and spun it to fit modern-day Chicago violence and police brutality. The whole script rhymes, if you can stomach it. I love it. It's important, raw, sad, good, everything. Angela Bassett, John Cusack, Sam Jackson, Nick Cannon, and one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen called Teyonah Parris star. I mean, it's a brilliant commentary on black-on-black violence in the hood and white-on-black violence in the mayor's office. If you're into that kind of thing, then watch it. Surely you have two hours to spare.
The agonies which are have their origin in the ecstasies which might have been.
Unvoiced_Apollo
Ultimate Poster

Post by Unvoiced_Apollo »

sikax wrote:It's Spike Lee at his best. Fuck-whitey blackness at its best. Poetry at its best. He took an ancient Greek play about oppression and feminism and spun it to fit modern-day Chicago violence and police brutality. The whole script rhymes, if you can stomach it. I love it. It's important, raw, sad, good, everything. Angela Bassett, John Cusack, Sam Jackson, Nick Cannon, and one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen called Teyonah Parris star. I mean, it's a brilliant commentary on black-on-black violence in the hood and white-on-black violence in the mayor's office. If you're into that kind of thing, then watch it. Surely you have two hours to spare.
I think I'd rather just watch Zootopia again, even though their bit on prejudice is probably oversimplified. But I'll consider if for Netflix/redbox.