Liberals

Here you can talk about anything that isn't covered by the other categories.
Derived Absurdity
Ultimate Poster

Liberals

Post by Derived Absurdity »

Whine and cry and fear-monger about the rise of fascism and racism for over nine months, and then self-righteously lecture and finger-wave about "free speech" when people get up off their ass and actually try to do something about it.

I sincerely dislike these people. What exactly do they want? Do they think their idea of "just ignore it, it'll go away" they've been pushing for almost a year is going to work? Because it's obviously not. And they know it. Liberals are the definition of concern-trolling. It's so obvious now how seriously they take fighting against fascism and racism - spew a lot of words condemning them, but at the very first sign someone is actually getting on the ground and doing something concrete about them, they show their true empty colors. If fascism ever wins in this country, it'll be their fault, because they'll have stymied every singe attempt people made to stop it.

I hope this happens again. I hope this is only the beginning (some of the organizers say it is). This nonsense has gone on without any pushback for far, far too long. Fascists don't have the right to a platform, or to free speech.
Cassius Clay
Ultimate Poster

Re: Liberals

Post by Cassius Clay »

^ PC thought-policing-SJW-white-knight-mangina-Marxist boogey man #therealfascist
Derived Absurdity
Ultimate Poster

Liberals need to slap themselves in the face with Atlas Shrugged until they die.

[none]
Derived Absurdity
Ultimate Poster

For realz, though, people always look back at the 30s and say "Oh, how, how did they ever let fascism get that far?" THIS. THIS IS HOW, MOTHERUCKERS. BECAUSE DUMB CUNTS LIKE YOU STOOD OPPOSED TO ANYONE WHO ACTUALLY TRIED TO FIGHT IT.

fucking liberals man. I DON'T GET HOW THESE PEOPLE WORK, SOMEONE EXPLAIN.
Monk
Ultra Poster

Post by Monk »

I literally have no idea what you're talking about.
Derived Absurdity
Ultimate Poster

Monk wrote:I literally have no idea what you're talking about.
Protesters disrupted Trump rallies, elite liberal opinion-havers scorn them and patronize them for "free speech" and "making the left look bad" or some shit.
Derived Absurdity
Ultimate Poster

I'm going to cut-and-paste this to IMDB, see what happens.
Derived Absurdity
Ultimate Poster

And. Right. On. Fucking. Cue.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/trevor-noah- ... m-to-play/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Derived Absurdity
Ultimate Poster

Derived Absurdity wrote:I'm going to cut-and-paste this to IMDB, see what happens.
I don't know why I did that. That place is just fucking depressing.
phe_de
Ultra Poster

Post by phe_de »

I'll copy and paste skyhawk's answer, which makes sense.
skyhawk0 wrote:'Liberal' means, in the social sense, that one is in favour of freedom, and as such, stands against fascism.

In the economic sense, it means one is in favour of free markets and minimal regulation.
Common sense is another word for prejudice.
Derived Absurdity
Ultimate Poster

Uh, gee, thanks. I already knew that.

And they only have a tentative provisional stand against fascism at best. Historically the two have had a very close relationship, and liberalism shifts into full-blown fascist sympathizing as soon as social conditions worsen. As we're seeing here.
vnufeld
Frequenter

Post by vnufeld »

lolwut?
Monk
Ultra Poster

Post by Monk »

I don't usually do this, but I just got a lot of satisfaction trolling the shit out of Skyhawk. That guy is such a douche.
aels
Global Moderator

Post by aels »

Derived Absurdity wrote:Uh, gee, thanks. I already knew that.
Are you telling me that Skyhawk was unnecessarily condescending because I will not believe it.
WORDS IN THE HEART CANNOT BE TAKEN
Derived Absurdity
Ultimate Poster

I think I can beat him at "unnecessarily condescending" if I really tried. I am a pro at being condescending when I want to be.
CashRules
Ultimate Poster

Post by CashRules »

You owe Monk a pat on the back or a reach around, whichever he prefers. I don't even bother with Skyhawk anymore. He's one of those people who seems to irritatingly be on the "same side" as me in too many discussions but it makes me feel about as proud as having ErJen and Blade agree with me about gun control. Besaides, we are talking about someone who is so irritating that a person as easy-going as Jordan once tried to organize almost everyone on the board against him. My last argument with Skyhawk went...not well at all and he shows an unbelievable lack of integrity when cornered. This is a guy who is so in love with himself that his IMDB profile includes posts from a decade ago where random people were singing his praises.
__
You can't hang a man for killing a woman who's trying to steal his horse.
Derived Absurdity
Ultimate Poster

Unrelatedly, I feel bad now because I guess that person in that thread I kept calling "bitch" is female. Someone referred to her as a guy a few days ago, so I thought she was a guy, and I kept saying that to get a rise out of him, because I did that to JrEddie-wtf-his-name-is a while ago so often that he got annoyed enough to put me on ignore. Also I use that word quite a lot in real life, so it comes very easily to me. It's an easy insult with a lot of utility and fluidity, so it's very handy. I don't call women that unless we're friends and I know she's okay with it, though. And also because I'm a SJW white-knighting mangina who only wants to get laid, but that goes without saying.

So if someone here can confirm that chime is female, I should apologize to her, because re-reading that thread I feel gross.
Derived Absurdity
Ultimate Poster

CashRules wrote:My last argument with Skyhawk went...not well at all
Come on. You expect to say something like that and not expect me to demand a follow-up?
aels
Global Moderator

Post by aels »

Why do you consider calling men by a derogatory female word appropriate? Is it because you hate women and you think it's demeaning to refer to a man with female terms, you woman-hating tool of the patriarchy?

(I am being flippant, I don't care. You tool of the patriarchy)
Cassius Clay
Ultimate Poster

Post by Cassius Clay »

I was honestly surprised at his dishonesty, because he seems like an intelligent, level-headed person. But I guess some people can suddenly lack self-awareness and integrity when it's convenient.

(I'm referring to Skyhawk)
Last edited by Cassius Clay on Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CashRules
Ultimate Poster

Post by CashRules »

Derived Absurdity wrote:
Come on. You expect to say something like that and not expect me to demand a follow-up?

Unless you're interested in the history of the DC Comics Multiverse you probably won't be interested.
__
Derived Absurdity
Ultimate Poster

I can't even justify it, really. [giveup] It's just that calling men/people bitches is often gender-neutral if the context is appropriate, at least in my experience. It's just another insult for someone behaving a like a douche. It's like calling someone a "punk", or some corny shit like that. It's an insult which is extremely context-sensitive, and I try to be tuned to the context. I know the word "bitch" or "bitchy" is often used to describe men behaving in stereotypically feminine ways, and I never use it like that, 'cuz I'm not a douche.
Derived Absurdity
Ultimate Poster

CashRules wrote:
Derived Absurdity wrote:

Unless you're interested in the history of the DC Comics Multiverse you probably won't be interested.
Good call.
aels
Global Moderator

Post by aels »

Derived Absurdity wrote:I can't even justify it, really. [giveup] It's just that calling men/people bitches is often gender-neutral if the context is appropriate, at least in my experience. It's just another insult for someone behaving a like a douche. It's like calling someone a "punk", or some corny shit like that. It's an insult which is extremely context-sensitive, and I try to be tuned to the context. I know the word "bitch" or "bitchy" is often used to describe men behaving in stereotypically feminine ways, and I never use it like that, 'cuz I'm not a douche.
I was teasing you, mon ami, although sometimes I like to randomly yell at people so you all never forget that misandry never sleeps.
Derived Absurdity
Ultimate Poster

Cassius Clay wrote:I was honestly surprised at his dishonesty, because he seems like an intelligent, level-headed person. But I guess some people can suddenly lack self-awareness and integrity when it's convenient.

(I'm referring to Skyhawk)
Especially when his fucking signature is PRAISING TRUTH AND HONESTY. The glaring juxtaposition between his posts and his pretty blue signature right below them is hilarious.
Derived Absurdity
Ultimate Poster

aels wrote:I was teasing you, mon ami, although sometimes I like to randomly yell at people so you all never forget that misandry never sleeps.
Oh, I know, I just felt like it kinda needed an explanation anyway. Sometimes I do think I should drop the word altogether, 'cause it often makes me uncomfortable, but I just... can't. It's so nice and fluid and amazing and casual and harsh and wonderful all at the same time. [none]
Derived Absurdity
Ultimate Poster

That Skyhawk motherfucker is a fucking motherfucker.
CashRules
Ultimate Poster

Post by CashRules »

Arguing with Skyhawk:

__
Derived Absurdity
Ultimate Poster

Can I post that there?
CashRules
Ultimate Poster

Post by CashRules »

I don't care.
__
Derived Absurdity
Ultimate Poster

My God, I honestly think I'm going insane. This asshole is pushing my buttons in a way no one ever has before.

I'm not going to stop. No. I'm not going to let this cunt win.
Boomer
Super Poster

Post by Boomer »

I cant even follow what's being argued.
...the only people for me are the mad ones...
Derived Absurdity
Ultimate Poster

I can't either. I'm done.
Gendo
Site Admin

Post by Gendo »

Boomer wrote:I cant even follow what's being argued.
Pretty sure that, like most arguments, there's no actual disagreement. Just pointless hurling insults over irrelevant semantics.
Derived Absurdity
Ultimate Poster

There is no substantive disagreement, skyhawk is just a fucking asshole of absolutely monumental, incomprehensible proportions. Our disagreement was over something so silly and pointless that I can't believe it turned into... whatever this is. But he's just so ridiculously condescending and infuriating that I automatically go on the defense and perceive any agreement as a submission. Not good, I know, but I'm pretty sure if Gandhi himself got into a disagreement with that miserable twat even he wouldn't oppose setting him on fucking fire.
CashRules
Ultimate Poster

Post by CashRules »

Skyhawk is just an ass in so many ways it's difficult to even put a label on him. He will steadfastly refuse to admit to even the slightest error on the most trivial of topics. But he's also careful to occasionally admit to an error in a discussion with someone he likes just so he can link that particular discussion when someone calls him on his lack of integrity. He will argue with the same person over the same inane topic for years. He and Blade(monkeydoctor) have been arguing over which one can't admit to being wrong and they've been having that argument since the summer of 2014. It's gone through at least twenty threads by now and there are threads that are almost nothing but the two of them repeating themselves for post after post. If you haven't read Skyhawk's profile page DO IT NOW. It's amazing he can even breathe with his head so far up his own ass.
__
Derived Absurdity
Ultimate Poster

I looked at it and it turns out he keeps a list of favorite self-quotes.

Just to repeat, in case anyone skipped over that: He keeps a list of favorite self-quotes.

And just to make sure it's being fully, completely comprehended: HE KEEPS A LIST OF FAVORITE SELF-QUOTES.

He makes Donald Trump look humble and modest. I think getting into an argument with him was perhaps the worst life choice I ever made, and just to remind people, I flunked out of high school.

Seriously, I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around this. The level of pure assholery in this guy is almost unfathomable. I think I may have found my new least favorite person in the world.
phe_de
Ultra Poster

Post by phe_de »

Derived Absurdity wrote:I looked at it and it turns out he keeps a list of favorite self-quotes.
So what?
Derived Absurdity
Ultimate Poster

Because you're an egomaniac if you love yourself so much that you think things you have said are worth keeping a public record of?
phe_de
Ultra Poster

Post by phe_de »

Again: So what?
Derived Absurdity
Ultimate Poster

It supports my claim that he's a narcissistic asshole?
phe_de
Ultra Poster

Post by phe_de »

Not really.
And even if it were so: You haven't proven that it's a bad thing.
Derived Absurdity
Ultimate Poster

I can't say I'm surprised you don't consider publicly keeping a record of quotes from yourself to be a sign of narcissism.
phe_de
Ultra Poster

Post by phe_de »

I can't say I'm surprised of your response. But I'd appreciate if you didn't put words in my mouth.
Derived Absurdity
Ultimate Poster

I'm putting words in your mouth, huh? And what words would those be?
CashRules
Ultimate Poster

Post by CashRules »

I'm more impressed by the quotes going back more than a decade that Shyhawk keeps of what others have said about him.
__
the_dork_lord
Super Poster

Post by the_dork_lord »

Who was skyhawk? It's been too long for me to remember.
Anus.
Derived Absurdity
Ultimate Poster

Btw, if phe_de was skyhawk, this is roughly how he would respond right here:

"You don't seem to know how words work. I never stated that you put words in my mouth. I said I would appreciate it if you didn't put words in my mouth. You do know what the word if means, don't you?"

Seriously. He tried to use the fact that he used the word "if" the way phe_de used it right here to get out of acknowledging that he implied something. That is an impressive feat of dishonesty.
CashRules
Ultimate Poster

Post by CashRules »

the_dork_lord wrote:Who was skyhawk? It's been too long for me to remember.
Gay Canadian (yeah, that's redundant) who argues merely for the sake of arguing and will never admit an error except as a ruse to show he can admit an error. He's also an expert on everything.
__
Gendo
Site Admin

Post by Gendo »

CashRules wrote:
the_dork_lord wrote:Who was skyhawk? It's been too long for me to remember.
Gay Canadian (yeah, that's redundant) who argues merely for the sake of arguing and will never admit an error except as a ruse to show he can admit an error. He's also an expert on everything.
I can't remember for sure about the Canadian part, but don't every one of those adjectives also describe Moira?