Look at this dodge from a dishonest fuck

Here you can talk about anything that isn't covered by the other categories.
Cassius Clay
Ultimate Poster

Look at this dodge from a dishonest fuck

Post by Cassius Clay »

He has been repeating this(or some form of it) for a couple months now:
The idea that something like racism can be "systemic" is nonsense, because the notion that meaning is "systemic" is nonsense.
Saying that the "PC/SJW" movement is all bogus because "blah blah they don't even get how 'meaning' works blah". It's basically the classic trick of trying to limit understanding of racism strictly to individual intent. So, I finally challenge him on it, to get him to clarify. After a few attempts to lecture me and to overcomplicate the issue(shift the conversation into what could be a never-ending challenge to "prove" some real-world situation as racist to him), I make it clear that I'm not interested in going down that path(for obvious reasons), and ask that he just simply accept a hypothetical premise, so that we can move on to clarifying his views on "meaning" and systemic racism(I think hypotheticals might be his weakness [none]). He then vanishes:

http://www.imdb.com/board/bd0000108/nest/255532655?p=11

The reason this is odd is because this guy isn't someone who just disappears from a conversation. I disappear from conversations all the time if I find them tiresome(if the other person isn't meeting me half way and making me do too much work to explain shit I shouldn't have to), this guy is not to the type to disappear. He loves to lecture people and doesn't mind repeating himself over and over again. And he has replied almost immediately in almost all the conversations I've had with him....to the point where you start to wonder if he's there 24/7.
Derived Absurdity
Ultimate Poster

Re: Look at this dodge from a dishonest fuck

Post by Derived Absurdity »

I like how I dealt with him. That's how he should be responded to from here on.

Tbh he really bores me. I feel my eyes glossing over whenever I try to make sense of what he says. I wonder if this is a problem on my end, but I don't think so.
Cassius Clay
Ultimate Poster

Post by Cassius Clay »

I would say being a child rape-apologist is at least top five on a list of things one should know about a person. [none]
Boomer
Super Poster

Post by Boomer »

Did the thread get deleted? Link isn't working for me...
...the only people for me are the mad ones...
phe_de
Ultra Poster

Post by phe_de »

Boomer wrote:Did the thread get deleted? Link isn't working for me...
It's still there.
http://www.imdb.com/board/bd0000108/nest/255532655

When linking to imdb threads: Always remove the reference to a page.
Common sense is another word for prejudice.
Gendo
Site Admin

Post by Gendo »

phe_de wrote:
It's still there.

Yeah, or just fix your settings so that you aren't seeing only a small handful of posts per page.
Gypsy-Vanner
Ultra Poster

Post by Gypsy-Vanner »

I really dropped the ball in that thread. [sad] My thoughts were all over the place and my claim about where droopy pants came from seems to be questionable. That's annoying. I didn't source my claim before posting because I was TOTALLY confident that the history of the style was fact. It never even crossed my mind because I remember all the debates we've had about the subject.

I read my 2nd response and I still have no idea what I was attempting to say.

[sad]
I Shall Smite Thee Ruinous While Thy Soul Weeps for Salvation
Cassius Clay
Ultimate Poster

Post by Cassius Clay »

It's all good. I've heard all kinds of things about the origins of sagging pants. And they're all about prison.

The most believable one to me is the prisoners not being allowed belts one.

(The most ridiculous one states that it signified an interest in butt sex [none])
Gypsy-Vanner
Ultra Poster

Post by Gypsy-Vanner »

Uh yeah, that particular opinion is rather asinine.

I did a lot of reading after dude told me the jail thing was bullocks and I feel a bit better because there is no consensus on the origins of droopy pants so dude was just as wrong as I. It seems there's some good evidence to suggest the jail theory is pretty strong but I didn't find much else on it.

Happy Friday
I Shall Smite Thee Ruinous While Thy Soul Weeps for Salvation
Derived Absurdity
Ultimate Poster

Post by Derived Absurdity »

Cassius Clay wrote:(The most ridiculous one states that it signified an interest in butt sex [none])
lol, that's the one I've heard the most
Boomer
Super Poster

Post by Boomer »

Gendo wrote:
phe_de wrote:
It's still there.

Yeah, or just fix your settings so that you aren't seeing only a small handful of posts per page.
I have it on 50. [sad5]
...the only people for me are the mad ones...
BruceSmith78
Ultimate Poster

Post by BruceSmith78 »

Gypsy-Vanner wrote:I really dropped the ball in that thread. [sad] My thoughts were all over the place and my claim about where droopy pants came from seems to be questionable. That's annoying. I didn't source my claim before posting because I was TOTALLY confident that the history of the style was fact. It never even crossed my mind because I remember all the debates we've had about the subject.

I read my 2nd response and I still have no idea what I was attempting to say.

[sad]
I think the problem with appropriation of culture is when something is the source of mockery and ridicule when exhibited by a minority (black people in particular), but is then seen as desirable when exhibited by a white person. Castor could probably articulate it better than I.

It's not about accepting minorities and embracing them and their way of life, as so many suggested in that thread. I thought about pointing this out over there, but really, every one of those idiots would ignore it anyway.