Blue Bloods

Gypsy-Vanner
Ultra Poster

Blue Bloods

Post by Gypsy-Vanner »

If you are ever interested in an accurate depiction of "white man righteous" being produced/directed by righteous white men, and then being acted by righteous white men then this is the show for you to watch.

I am not sure why I watched all 5 seasons that are available to me and why I was tempted for a second to buy season 6. Sure, they took moments to acknowledge the issues disenfranchised black people face especially with the police in New Your City but to balance that little nugget they bring in the corrupt black minister who shows up to every possible police abuse type situation and cries to the public about racism etc...all the while stealing money from poor people and doing all the public photo ops to boost his image so people will give him more money and also being really loud and very "mouthy" to cops. Most of the criminals they arrest seem to be black from gangs living in poverty etc...the only non black criminals seem to be corrupt politicians and/or wealthy white women offing their husbands for their money.

And the main cast? The whitest white people they could possibly find including: Tom Selleck, Donnie Walhburg, that white kid from Friday Night Lights, that old pissant playing the gramps, and the white ADA chick.
I Shall Smite Thee Ruinous While Thy Soul Weeps for Salvation
CashRules
Ultimate Poster

Re: Blue Bloods

Post by CashRules »

The fact it stars Tom Selleck automatically makes it the best series on TV and makes anyone who doesn't like it demonstrably wrong.Also, there's a highly moral black ADA. The ADA daughter of Selleck's character helped her black co-worker solve the 20 year old murder of his mother. The murderer was his father. All ministers are criminals, color is irrelevant.
__
You can't hang a man for killing a woman who's trying to steal his horse.
Gypsy-Vanner
Ultra Poster

Post by Gypsy-Vanner »

The black co-worker (who's the DA's investigator) was the funny dude in Las Vegas staring with Josh Dumalh or whatever his name is. I liked that show.

What about the wishy washy black mayor? He goes from moral to questionable throughout his entire presence in the show. It's like the writers wanted to combine the corrupt white politician with the corrupt black minister so they came up with a black mayor but are hesitating on if he should be noticeably corrupt or just morally questionable because that might be pushing the envelope.

The old fool who plays the old fool grampa annoys me because his face constantly looks like he is smiling even when he's not. And he is the epitome of white privilege. I wish they'd kill him off.
CashRules
Ultimate Poster

Post by CashRules »

I've only watched a few episodes. I saw the one where the mayor's illegitimate daughter got caught up in some minor illegal activity and the one where the ADA helped her friend investigate his mother's murder and maybe two or three more. I like Selleck better when he's in westerns. I also liked him in the Jesse Stone series of specials.
__
You can't hang a man for killing a woman who's trying to steal his horse.
Gypsy-Vanner
Ultra Poster

Post by Gypsy-Vanner »

I like Tom in this role actually, it's made just for him. I just don't like many of the plots.