Here's an alt-right article

Here you can talk about anything that isn't covered by the other categories.
Anakin McFly
Ultimate Poster

Here's an alt-right article

Post by Anakin McFly »

Rampant neo-nazi racism aside, I thought this part has a point:
...the attitudes of “colour-blindness", “anti-racism" and so-called “self-abasement" seen in educated and privileged whites are in reality the fruit of an overweening sense of racial superiority: these whites can tolerate the shrieking of angry minorities, and even utilise them in their own power struggles against traditionalist and lower-class whites, because they have far too much psychological security to see minorities as any sort of threat.
http://alternative-right.blogspot.sg/20 ... ience.html

It's something I've personally realized - I'm most able to be accepting and supportive of minorities when I'm extremely secure in my particular majority identity and its implications of superiority, because then there's no threat - I'm psychologically reassured that no matter what rights that group obtains, I'm still part of the more-awesome group, and I'm happy to share some of that privilege. Whereas the moment I start realizing that I'm not actually better than them, the impulse is to get angry.

So it's been uncomfortable and also counterintuitive to note that my reduction in resentment to and greater support for $oppressed-demographic in fact grew in parallel with my increased security and pride in my own identity, and I've likewise experienced the same from allies on the other end of things - for some reason feeling more intimidated and inferior to outspoken allies than to people who don't really care.

This probably doesn't apply to everyone, but to enough people that I don't know what the implications are for how we should move forward in that case - if it's even possible for humans to be able to fully accept minorities as equal without the psychological ego-protection of secretly believing they are superior. Or maybe the goal is to foster pride without that sense of superiority, but I'm not sure if that's possible.