Do me a favor

Here you can talk about anything that isn't covered by the other categories.
Gendo
Site Admin

Do me a favor

Post by Gendo »

So I'm playing this game on Kongregate, and some user keeps spamming the chat with a message promoting his YouTube channel. I think he's getting reported and banned from Kongregate, because he's creating a new account there every day. But the YouTube channel is staying the same. I've been reporting his channel on YouTube, but dunno how many other people are. If YouTube bans him, perhaps he'll stop.

Anyway, here's a link to report him on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/reportabuse?rep ... 3kmy-wMmIw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It has most of the info pre-filled, you just have to select "mass advertising" as the specific reason, click continue a couple times, then scroll down and enter additional notes along the lines of "user keeps spamming chat rooms to promote his channel". No need to select any specific videos or anything.

Hopefully if a few more people do this, YouTube will notice. Dunno how well their reporting system works in general.

Anyway, if you have a minute to spare, please do this, thanks!
OpiateOfTheMasses
Global Moderator

Re: Do me a favor

Post by OpiateOfTheMasses »

Done.
You can't make everyone happy. You are not pizza.
Cassius Clay
Ultimate Poster

Post by Cassius Clay »

Done
Gendo
Site Admin

Post by Gendo »

Thanks! I dunno if it will work or not.. but there was no spam yesterday, and when I checked his channel, I did find this comment by him on his last video:
Unfortunately, my laptop broke last night. It went to a BSOD after an update and stayed there. Nothing works anymore, the entire System32 folder was deleted or obfuscated, which is leaving me to believe I was either hacked or picked up a virus on a gaming website somewhere else. So there may not be any videos for a while. Sorry about that.
LOL. Normally, if someone says they think their computer is broken because they were hacked, I'd think it was silly, that it's much more likely that computers just don't work sometimes. But in this case, it's more like "gee, maybe it's as if you spend your days pissing off large amounts of people on the internet through spamming chat rooms, that you'd manage to piss off someone who has the ability to track you down and hack your computer?"
Monk
Ultra Poster

Post by Monk »

Done
Gendo
Site Admin

Post by Gendo »

YouTube doesn't seem to be doing anything, despite the fact that I know his channel has received several abuse reports. It's possible that they don't consider it any kind of violation of their site because it's not YouTube that he's spamming. But I dunno what else "mass advertising" would mean. Kongregate bans him every day, but it does no good because he just creates a new account every day. He continues to spam the chat room with the same canned message multiple times per day.
Raxivace
Ultimate Poster

Post by Raxivace »

Google tells me that "Mass Advertising" refers to using bots to advertise a video or channel, though I don't see an official source for that.

I gotta be honest though I don't think you're in the right here, Gendo. This guy may be breaking Kongregate's rules, but as far as I can see breaking rules on another site isn't actually valid grounds to be banned from YouTube itself.
"[Cinema] is a labyrinth with a treacherous resemblance to reality." - Andrew Sarris
CashRules
Ultimate Poster

Post by CashRules »

Find out his address and I'll send three or four lesbians to do a drive-by.
__
You can't hang a man for killing a woman who's trying to steal his horse.
Anakin McFly
Ultimate Poster

Post by Anakin McFly »

How many lesbians do you have, exactly?
Gendo
Site Admin

Post by Gendo »

Raxivace wrote:Google tells me that "Mass Advertising" refers to using bots to advertise a video or channel, though I don't see an official source for that.

I gotta be honest though I don't think you're in the right here, Gendo. This guy may be breaking Kongregate's rules, but as far as I can see breaking rules on another site isn't actually valid grounds to be banned from YouTube itself.
Well my reporting was based on the impression that "mass advertising" meant advertising of your YouTube channel. I see now that that's quite possibly not the case. It's sad though, because Kongregate isn't doing what they need to.
CashRules
Ultimate Poster

Post by CashRules »

Anakin McFly wrote:How many lesbians do you have, exactly?
Three permanent, three or four more I can borrow if I need to.
__
You can't hang a man for killing a woman who's trying to steal his horse.