Mobile (Cell) Phone

Here you can talk about anything that isn't covered by the other categories.
OpiateOfTheMasses
Global Moderator

Mobile (Cell) Phone

Post by OpiateOfTheMasses »

I'm thinking about getting a new phone. I've always had Samsung and I like Android, but I kinda resent paying over the odds just cos it's Samsung so I was considering trying a different make (and no - I don't want an Apple). But when I start looking at HTC, Huawei, LG, etc they all kinda blur into the same to me - so I thought I'd see if anyone has any strong pro's or con's to any of them or any strong feelings either way.

Thanks!
You can't make everyone happy. You are not pizza.
Monk
Ultra Poster

Re: Mobile (Cell) Phone

Post by Monk »

Gotta be more specific. How much do you want to pay? Are you a heavy user (e.g. gaming, lots of apps, etc)? What size do you want?
OpiateOfTheMasses
Global Moderator

I tend to buy a sim-free phone and sort out the contract separately, so I'm just looking for a handset. My current phone is a Samsung S5 Mini so I would ideally like something around the same size so it fits into jean's pockets easily enough - I don't want a huge phone. I'm happy to pay about £200 ($250). Possibly a bit more.

I don't use it for music or videos, but I do work on it occasionally, so it is dealing with spreadsheets and Word documents, etc. We have a couple of work related Apps from the company too. And I am on it a fair bit for emails and calls so I'd like a good battery as the Samsung is lucky to make it through the day without needing to be charged - sometimes more than once.
Monk
Ultra Poster

Post by Monk »

Something like the Moto G5 or G5 Plus might be a good option for you. Solid phones with good battery life, but pretty budget. Also might be worthwhile to check out some of Huawei's phones (like Honor 8)
OpiateOfTheMasses
Global Moderator

Thanks! I have been looking at the Huawei phones, but hadn't considered the Moto ones.
Monk
Ultra Poster

Post by Monk »

OpiateOfTheMasses wrote:Thanks! I have been looking at the Huawei phones, but hadn't considered the Moto ones.

I think the European Motos are slightly different than the US based ones, but I'm not sure the specifics.