Tangled: The Series

Unvoiced_Apollo
Ultimate Poster

Tangled: The Series

Post by Unvoiced_Apollo »

The first season of Tangled, which take place after the events of the movie (and the made-for-TV sequel) but before the Tangled Ever After Short, just ended. And overall I actually liked it (of course I might be biased...*points to avatar*). It started out kind of episodic with some basic lessons like a lot of kids' shows do, though it had bits of continuity here and there. However, as the show got closer to the end of the season, certain elements started coming together. We get to see development of the king and queen and their personalities & actions bring a new context to their emotional states in this scenes from the movie.

Decisions characters make make have some clear and sometimes interesting, incredibly unintended consequences that affect the world and those living there. The king/father is unfortunately the stereotypical, overprotective character though I do think the history and motivations are different enough where, while he might not be justified, it might be easier to see why he might think he is. The first season is a slow burn to get to the more interesting portion, but there is a lot of compelling elements not just for kids but adults as well. It already has a second season in the works and I'm looking forward to it.