Forum migration happening now

This sub forum is for discussion about the forum itself. FAQs, rules, issues, suggestions, etc.
Gendo
Site Admin

Forum migration happening now

Post by Gendo »

Ok here we go... everything looks good on the new server; just need to sync the latest data from this DB to the new one, and then update pittersplace.com to point t the new server. Will be putting up something right now to make the site unavailable from the old sever; hopefully will be available again in an hour or less.
Gendo
Site Admin

Re: Forum migration happening now

Post by Gendo »

All done? I think. Everything seems to be working fine, and I'm fairly confident that if you see the forum you're now seeing the new version, because I replaced the landing page on the old hosting site with that "Site is down" message.

With traffic always being so low around here, dunno how long it will be until I know for sure that others can still use the forum correctly.

In addition to switching the hosting; this is the latest version of phpBB, which was minor update from the other one we were on, as far as I can tell. So there's always the chance something is broken because of that as well. I tried to just copy over all the existing files exactly instead of installing phpBB from scratch, but couldn't get it to work for some reason.
Gendo
Site Admin

Post by Gendo »

I think it's faster? I sure hope it's faster. Let me know if you notice.
maz89
Ultra Poster

Post by maz89 »

Yes, I think it's much faster. Thanks!
"Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose"
Raxivace
Ultimate Poster

Post by Raxivace »

Yeah things are moving way more smoothly on my end too.
"[Cinema] is a labyrinth with a treacherous resemblance to reality." - Andrew Sarris
Raxivace
Ultimate Poster

Post by Raxivace »

I seem to be having trouble connecting now. I get a 404 error through my computer, but the site seems to display on my phone.

EDIT: Oh wait, fiddling with the bookmark I had on my computer seems to have fixed things. NVM.
"[Cinema] is a labyrinth with a treacherous resemblance to reality." - Andrew Sarris