New house

Here you can talk about anything that isn't covered by the other categories.
Gendo
Site Admin

New house

Post by Gendo »

I don't remember if I ever mentioned here that we're moving soon. Bought a bunch of land in Louisburg, NC; about 35 minutes from Raleigh where we are now. Building a new house there. Broke ground a couple weeks ago; there's now a foundation and all that. Closed on the land last July; been working on getting everything set to actually break ground since then. Fully custom design, going back and forth with an architect to design the plans. Full finished basement of which half will be the new theater room. Exciting stuff!
Raxivace
Ultimate Poster

Re: New house

Post by Raxivace »

I hope you put some secret passages that you can only enter by pulling the correct book off of a bookshelf, or perhaps by pulling a blazing torch grafted to the wall. Why even custom make a house otherwise.
"[Cinema] is a labyrinth with a treacherous resemblance to reality." - Andrew Sarris
Lord_Lyndon
Super Poster

Post by Lord_Lyndon »

I'm happy for you, Gendo. I really am. And I'm glad you're excited.
Gendo
Site Admin

Post by Gendo »

How it started:

How it's going:

Gendo
Site Admin

Post by Gendo »

And now:

Raxivace
Ultimate Poster

Post by Raxivace »

Wow its really coming along.
"[Cinema] is a labyrinth with a treacherous resemblance to reality." - Andrew Sarris
Gendo
Site Admin

Post by Gendo »

It goes quick! Most people said 6th months from ground-breaking until move in, which seems about right so far. Had about 2 weeks of delays so far; still looks like late July for completion.