Hello!

Here you can talk about anything that isn't covered by the other categories.
Anakin McFly
Ultimate Poster

Hello!

Post by Anakin McFly »

Gendo sent me this link. I said I probably wouldn't join because I'm really busy with work and things and am already over-distracted by the internet, but then I figured that if I was going to be distracted by the internet anyway, this is one of the better places to do it.

I miss all of you and your sanity. I've been spending too much time at Reddit. It has not been good for me. I found a subreddit which was great for finding sympathy for when I want to whine about TERFS (trans-exclusionary radical feminists) or their mortal nemeses the mogai-archive*, but the problem is that the sub in question is becoming increasingly overrun with MRAs and unapologetic racists whose views deeply disturb me. And then I was sad because this is why we can't have nice things, and realised I needed to seriously rethink my life if self-proclaimed anti-feminists were agreeing with me on anything. Then I remembered this place existed, lurked around the Hades Media forums, and then Gendo PM'd me with this place. Hello.

*look at their links on the bottom left corner. words cannot express how angry I am that that blog 1) exists, 2) is apparently not a Poe, and 3) people take it seriously. for an example of the stuff they and their kin post, someone - who said she previously always thought of herself as a cis girl until she found Tumblr - once asked if she would be considered transgender if she thinks she's only "about 75-99% girl and the rest agender", and they said yes. So now she gets to claim she knows what it's like to be transgender, even though she is perfectly happy with her birth-assigned body, with being seen as a girl, with being addressed with female pronouns, and generally being a conventionally attractive feminine female person.

I wanted to feed her to a TERF. Then I was unsettled at the monstrous thoughts running through my brain and decided I needed to get off the internet.
BruceSmith78
Ultimate Poster

Re: Hello!

Post by BruceSmith78 »

Welcome back! Good to have you on board. <--- I made a lame pun.
Anakin McFly
Ultimate Poster

Post by Anakin McFly »

...I see what you did there. [none]
Ptolemy_Banana
Super Poster

Post by Ptolemy_Banana »

Hi Anakin, long time to see. Welcome to the board.
Anakin McFly wrote:I miss all of you and your sanity. I've been spending too much time at Reddit. It has not been good for me. I found a subreddit which was great for finding sympathy for when I want to whine about TERFS (trans-exclusionary radical feminists) or their mortal nemeses the mogai-archive*, but the problem is that the sub in question is becoming increasingly overrun with MRAs and unapologetic racists whose views deeply disturb me. And then I was sad because this is why we can't have nice things, and realised I needed to seriously rethink my life if self-proclaimed anti-feminists were agreeing with me on anything. Then I remembered this place existed, lurked around the Hades Media forums, and then Gendo PM'd me with this place. Hello.
If the last week's posting has shown anything, it's that at least a majority of us on here are capable of nuanced political opinions beyond "the enemy of my enemy is my friend."
Anakin McFly wrote:So now she gets to claim she knows what it's like to be transgender, even though she is perfectly happy with her birth-assigned body, with being seen as a girl, with being addressed with female pronouns, and generally being a conventionally attractive feminine female person.
I guess she's got to shed those accusations of privilege somehow.
aels
Global Moderator

Post by aels »

Hi Anakin! TERFs are the fucking worst [love10]
WORDS IN THE HEART CANNOT BE TAKEN
Anakin McFly
Ultimate Poster

Post by Anakin McFly »

Hi! Yes, they are. [love10]