Willful ignorance

Here you can talk about anything that isn't covered by the other categories.
Cassius Clay
Ultimate Poster

Willful ignorance

Post by Cassius Clay »

So a coward piece of shit goes into a historic black church where he knows black people are most likely to be vulnerable(accepting, peaceful, unarmed)...because the coward literally said in his manifesto that he was too scared to try this in the ghetto. He kills 6 black women and 3 black men.

Black people say "omg, this is a fucking hate crime."

White people: Why are you making this about race? This is about gun cintrol. This is an attack on Christianity.

Surviving witnesses state that coward cited the protection of white womanhood ("raping our women") as part of his motivation and fear that blacks are "taking over".

Black people: Do you now understand why this is a hate crime?
White people: This poor mild-mannered, mentally ill boy. I don't see any racism here.

Coward's manifesto is released. Containing an amalgamation of every type of typical, selective anti-black/pro-white narrative you can find on the internet today...from race realism to model minorities to white victimization....containing his explicit racist motivations.

White people: I'm not sure if this is a gun control issue or a race issue?

[none]

This is intentional. It's time to stop giving people the benefit of the doubt.
Last edited by Cassius Clay on Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aels
Global Moderator

Re: Willful ignorance

Post by aels »

I have been amazed (and I can't believe that I have even been amazed) by the leaps people have gone to in order to try and define this as anything other than a racially motivated hate crime. And I'm fucking sick of mental illness being used as a Devil-made-me-do-it get out jail free card whenever someone does something monstrous or in any way shitty. Like, congrats, you have simultaneously downplayed white supremacy and stigmatised mental illness.
WORDS IN THE HEART CANNOT BE TAKEN
Cassius Clay
Ultimate Poster

Post by Cassius Clay »

Yeah...it's wild how white supremacy uses mental illness to protect itself...while throwing mentally ill people under the bus. Shitting on black people and mentally ill people at the same time. And mentally ill black people wouldn't be given any benefit of the doubt.
aels
Global Moderator

Post by aels »

Well, see, there aren't any mentally ill black people. On the rare occasions that mentally ill black people hurt someone else, it's not because of mental illness, it's because black people are inherently violent. That's science!
Whitey

Post by Whitey »

I don't see how it can be anything other than a hate crime given A) what the shooter said, B)that the murders took place in what I'm told is a historically significant black church, and C) his background in supporting racist groups. Sure it can be a gun control issue too, but it's first and foremost a hatecrime.

I agree about the mental illness thing. To label his actions as borne of mental illness removes his responsibility too. If later they find he was mentally ill fair enough. But right now he's a violent murdering bigot. And I don't see any value in trying to prove otherwise.
Derived Absurdity
Ultimate Poster

Post by Derived Absurdity »

Well, Arthur Chu has dealt with the mental illness thing:

http://www.salon.com/2015/06/18/its_not ... ite_males/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There really isn't much I can say... it was very clearly a racist terrorist attack, and anyone who says or implies otherwise is a piece of shit. The fact that so many people are willing to excuse this guy by deflecting the problem onto mental illness or gun control or whatever is proof that white supremacy has not abated in the slightest bit in this country. The fact that people are tapdancing around this guy while they're so quick to label a black guy who kills a bunch of people a vicious thug or a Muslim who kills a bunch of people a terrorist is yet more proof. But this is all obvious. There's nothing I can really say that shouldn't be completely evident to anyone with a functioning brain. People are sick.
Last edited by Derived Absurdity on Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BruceSmith78
Ultimate Poster

Post by BruceSmith78 »

Yeah, whose country do we need to invade to protect ourselves from these types of terrorist attacks? Oh, wait, it was a white American? And he's not even Muslim? Oh, well, what a tragedy. I guess he just went crazy. Maybe we shouldn't have let him have a gun.

*shrugs shoulders and raises a Confederate flag*
Ptolemy_Banana
Super Poster

Post by Ptolemy_Banana »

Then there's this, from Miami Herald journalist AJ Delgado:

Whitey

Post by Whitey »

Had I not been told she was for real I'd have assumed she was parodying something. That kid looks as white as they come!
Pope Bucky
Super Poster

Post by Pope Bucky »

Does she ever say what he does look like if not white?
Ptolemy_Banana
Super Poster

Post by Ptolemy_Banana »

Pope Bucky wrote:Does she ever say what he does look like if not white?
Looks like she deleted her Twitter account and is laying low after the predictable onslaught of ridicule. Maybe she'll explain herself when she gets a job on Fox News.
aels
Global Moderator

Post by aels »

He is whiter than me. WHITER. THAN. ME.
Cinemachinery
Super Poster

Post by Cinemachinery »

Nah, It's a hate crime. He's a terrorist. Nothing to do with religion beyond its practitioners being a less threatening target.
Even I find my avatar disturbing.
Anakin McFly
Ultimate Poster

Post by Anakin McFly »

...wait, people are still saying this isn't a hate crime even after the manifesto was released? wtf. I must just have awesome friends on Facebook, because everyone is in agreement that it was a hate crime, even those who think that he was also mentally ill.
Monk
Ultra Poster

Post by Monk »

The mental gymnastics white people, and the GOP in particular, has been going through in order to avoid calling this a racial hate crime is astounding. I've also gotten into a debate on IMDB about whether or not this counts as a terrorist act, and the opposing argument so far can be boiled down to, "Well, this is one guy acting alone. To call that terrorism is hijacking the term" because apparently those dumb fucks haven't heard of lone-wolf terrorists before (e.g. Unabomber)
CashRules
Ultimate Poster

Post by CashRules »

A.J. Delgado is someone who deserves to be ridiculed for eternity.
__
You can't hang a man for killing a woman who's trying to steal his horse.
Derived Absurdity
Ultimate Poster

Even the head of the FBI refused to call it terrorism. I hate this country.
Dr_Liszt

Post by Dr_Liszt »

A terrorist organization refused to call a terrorist action as terrorism?
Derived Absurdity
Ultimate Poster

touche
phe_de
Ultra Poster

Post by phe_de »

In other news, in Graz/Austria, a man killed 3 people with an SUV.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/graz-car-d ... ck-5923026

The man has a history of domestic violence. And yet, most news outlets I've read are not calling it a hate crime, and are going for the mental illness approach.

At least, AFAIK, no one is advocating for the prohibition of cars; or stronger car control.
Common sense is another word for prejudice.
CashRules
Ultimate Poster

Post by CashRules »

^Even I hate this f-cking argument and I own more guns than most National Guard units.
__
Boomer
Super Poster

Post by Boomer »

CashRules wrote:^Even I hate this f-cking argument and I own more guns than most National Guard units.
Why could one person need so many. [none]
...the only people for me are the mad ones...
CashRules
Ultimate Poster

Post by CashRules »

I might meet someone who wonders why I need so many guns.
__