Flicks I seen

Anakin McFly
Ultimate Poster

Re: Flicks I seen

Post by Anakin McFly »

I skimmed through the script for The Neon Demon and it wasn't as bad as I thought (though apparently some things were changed / made more explicit in the actual movie). But Refn's interviews on the movie creeped me out in the pervy way he talked about women, made worse given that these were teenage girls. But I haven't watched any of his films yet - which I've heard some good things about, although perhaps not to my taste - so I don't know how much that translates to screen.
sikax
Ultimate Poster

Re: Flicks I seen

Post by sikax »

The Neon Demon is definitely very pervy, but it feels realistically pervy. There a a handful of guys that get weird (Mr. Reeves in particular), but, interestingly enough, the most prominent attempted rape is by a woman.

His previous two films have male leads (though Only God Forgives features a strong mother character). I read somewhere that he, being apparently ignorant of how women speak, gave this script to Elle Fanning to glean some authenticity for her dialogue. So, yeah, he's weird, it's weird, he's probably a very pervy guy in real life.
The agonies which are have their origin in the ecstasies which might have been.