Remember Dana Plato?

Cassius Clay
Ultimate Poster

Remember Dana Plato?

Post by Cassius Clay »

I watched Different Strokes as a kid and used to crush on Plato heavy. Years after the end of her tragic adult life, her son commits suicide as well. I would have to resist the urge to punch Howard Stern in the face if I ever meet him. He should be charged with double homicide. [none]

Glad Todd Bridges seems to be doing ok.
Unvoiced_Apollo
Ultimate Poster

Re: Remember Dana Plato?

Post by Unvoiced_Apollo »

Never watched Different Strokes.
vnufeld
Frequenter

Post by vnufeld »

Cassius Clay wrote:I would have to resist the urge to punch Howard Stern in the face if I ever meet him. He should be charged with double homicide. [none]
Why? I'm unfamiliar with the situation.
Unvoiced_Apollo
Ultimate Poster

Post by Unvoiced_Apollo »

vnufeld wrote:
Cassius Clay wrote:I would have to resist the urge to punch Howard Stern in the face if I ever meet him. He should be charged with double homicide. [none]
Really? I thought Stern was someone everyone wanted to punch in the face.

Wait? Which Howard Stern os being referenced?
vnufeld
Frequenter

Post by vnufeld »

Unvoiced_Apollo wrote:
vnufeld wrote:
Really? I thought Stern was someone everyone wanted to punch in the face.

Wait? Which Howard Stern os being referenced?
I'm presuming the radio guy. As for me, I find him rude and crude, but I don't have any desire to hurt him.
Cassius Clay
Ultimate Poster

Post by Cassius Clay »

She was a struggling drug addict and was attempting to get her shit together. She was on his show the day before she killed herself...Stern gave her a hard time and basically had or allowed his callers troll her to tears on the show.
BruceSmith78
Ultimate Poster

Post by BruceSmith78 »

I googled Dana Plato when I first saw this thread, cuz I was like who?, and Howard Stern's name auto-populated. I then did the search and the interview was on youtube.

I don't think Howard Stern was much of a dick, at least not anymore than normal. He was a little insensitive, but mostly he was on her side. I didn't hear the whole thing, but at least one of the callers was a total cock-sucker and Howard defended her. When she cried, it was out of gratitude for Howard and another caller sticking up for her.
Cassius Clay
Ultimate Poster

Post by Cassius Clay »

I haven't listened to the interview in a long time, but I recall his defense of her coming across as insincere and patronizing. Yeah, let me passively "defend" you while I simultaneously unleash my scum fan base on you.

It's possible it came across as a lot worse than it was because I was basically in love with her as a kid. [none]

'Twas painful to listen to.
BruceSmith78
Ultimate Poster

Post by BruceSmith78 »

Well, he did seem mostly indifferent to the whole thing at the time. Like he stood up for her, but it was like, "hey, maybe you shouldn't, eh, well, meh, she's probably telling the truth. Maybe." I'm probably being naive, but I didn't really blame him for the douche bag callers. He doesn't personally screen his callers, anyway.
vnufeld
Frequenter

Post by vnufeld »

Geez