Deepest fear

Cassius Clay
Ultimate Poster

Deepest fear

Post by Cassius Clay »

"Our deepest fear is that we our powerful beyond measure..."

What does this quote mean to you?

(I guess you'd need the entire quote in it's full context but I don't feel like looking it up right now, brah.)
Gendo
Site Admin

Re: Deepest fear

Post by Gendo »

It means Coach Carter was a decent movie.
OpiateOfTheMasses
Global Moderator

Post by OpiateOfTheMasses »

I think it's to do with expectations. If you are weak or inadequate you have an excuse for not achieving anything. But if you are powerful and you do nothing then you only have yourself to blame and should expect (rightly so?) the world the blame you too.
You can't make everyone happy. You are not pizza.
Dr_Liszt

Post by Dr_Liszt »

What?
sikax
Ultimate Poster

Post by sikax »

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people will not feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It is not just in some of us; it is in everyone and as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give others permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.
The agonies which are have their origin in the ecstasies which might have been.
BruceSmith78
Ultimate Poster

Post by BruceSmith78 »

Dr_Liszt wrote:
What?
Are and our sound similar when spoken by Americans, and are often mistakenly interchanged.
BruceSmith78
Ultimate Poster

Post by BruceSmith78 »

Cassius Clay wrote:"Our deepest fear is that we our powerful beyond measure..."

What does this quote mean to you?

(I guess you'd need the entire quote in it's full context but I don't feel like looking it up right now, brah.)
It means we need to have a more developed grammar check, since spell check lets far too many things slip by. [none]

Also, autocorrect tried to change lets to let's like a bitch.
BruceSmith78
Ultimate Poster

Post by BruceSmith78 »

A more serious answer is more or less what Opiate said. Being powerless is liberating. It relieves us of responsibility. It's easier to say, "the world is fucked, and who am I to change it?" than it is to say, "the world is fucked, and I have to fix it."
Cassius Clay
Ultimate Poster

Post by Cassius Clay »

With great power comes great responsibility, eh? That's an interesting interpretation.