This Quentin Tarantino thing is completely surreal

Here you can talk about anything that isn't covered by the other categories.
Derived Absurdity
Ultimate Poster

This Quentin Tarantino thing is completely surreal

Post by Derived Absurdity »

How is this even happening? Like, how stupid are people?

So if you don't know basically what's been happening is that Quentin Tarantino appeared at an anti-police brutality rally a week or two ago and he got up on stage and he said this:

"I just do also want to say what am I doing here? I'm doing here because I'm a human being with a conscience. And when I see murder, I cannot stand by and I have to call the murdered the murdered. And I have to call the murderers the murderers."

That's all he said. There's no missing context. That's what he said. But there's now like at least six police unions saying they're going to boycott his movie because he apparently said that all cops are murderers. Even though he didn't. Even though he never even implied that. Apparently "cops who murder people should be called murderers" = "all cops are murderers". So this is a blatant misrepresentation of what he said... it's so blatant that a third-grader could see it. It's basically a giant lie. They're outright stating he said what he blatantly did not say.

And the entire right-wing media seems to have taken this lie and ran with it! The idea that he said all cops are murderers is now everywhere in the right-wing... on the websites, on Fox, on the radio... even though any asshole can easily see that's not what he said. And they're all getting mad at Tarantino and demanding he apologize for something they're blatantly lying about!

I mean, what the fuck? What the fuck is this? How can you not have any intellectual honesty at all? These people are so goddamn dumb and vile and manipulative that I can't even fathom it. How cynical and misanthropic do you have to be to be able to expect this? Like even when I have zero expectations for people, they still manage to completely shock me. Why do people still treat the right-wing like they're an actual thing which should be debated with? Why do people still give a shit about what they think at all? Why aren't we treating them like the worthless ridiculous clowns they are? Good entertainment value, and they should be brought to heel when they get too rowdy and overexcited, but that's all. Their opinion is worth precisely zero.

But now the largest police union in the country has vaguely threatened him, saying they have a "surprise" in store for him or some shit. I mean, what the hell? How is this acceptable? This is completely surreal. Shouldn't the police try to be battling the public imagine of themselves as violent bullying thugs? Instead of helping it? 'Oh, people think we're violent, so we're going to issue vague ominous threats to anyone who criticizes us! Brilliant!' These guys are complete fuckwits.

So, to sum up what we've learned:

1) the right-wing does not give a fuck at all about truth or honesty or slander at all
2) it will always side with the authoritarian oppressors over the oppressed in a conflict, every single time
3) there are no "good cops". Period. They do not exist. If there were they would be rallying in support of Tarantino and protesting against police brutality like everyone else. Instead they're rallying around each other and bullying and threatening anyone who criticizes them.
4) a powerful organization can legit threaten someone for saying murderers should be called murderers in 2015 American and no one will give a fuck and many will support it.
5) cops are legitimately stupid. Seriously. This makes them look worse than any BLM activist has ever done and they have no idea. They have no self-awareness at all.
6) Quentin Tarantino is kind of cool. I sort of didn't like him before but now he's all right. He said on television that the ultimate problem with police brutality is white supremacy. Obvious but necessary.

Anyway. I had more but I'm too shocked and depressed to remember what I had to say. I can't even. I hate this country. I really, sincerely do. Sometimes I try not to be an America-hating misanthrope but this shit makes it impossible. I don't actually like hating people but I don't know how you cannot. Your standards for them can never, ever, ever be low enough. I'm going to regret this post but whatever.
Derived Absurdity
Ultimate Poster

Re: This Quentin Tarantino thing is completely surreal

Also, the "Fraternal Order of Police"? What the fuck is that? So, what, no girls allowed? Who names themselves that? These people are dorks. So they're liars, bullies, and dorks.
sikax
Ultimate Poster

Post by sikax »

The agonies which are have their origin in the ecstasies which might have been.
Cassius Clay
Ultimate Poster

Post by Cassius Clay »

Fraternal order? Sounds like the KKK.
CashRules
Ultimate Poster

Post by CashRules »

They have to do something to further the myth of the "Good Cop", a creature that has only slightly less chance of being discovered than does Bigfoot.
__
You can't hang a man for killing a woman who's trying to steal his horse.
Derived Absurdity
Ultimate Poster

Lol I sort of expected to be backed up a bit more. That's ok, I can be angry about this stuff all by myself. [smile]
Unvoiced_Apollo
Ultimate Poster

Post by Unvoiced_Apollo »

Derived Absurdity wrote:Lol I sort of expected to be backed up a bit more. That's ok, I can be angry about this stuff all by myself. [smile]
I've been busy.
Derived Absurdity
Ultimate Poster

But you're angry, right?
BruceSmith78
Ultimate Poster

Post by BruceSmith78 »

I like Dave Chapelle, but I don't understand the relevance of the clip Sikax posted.

The OP didn't say Tarantino offered up some pearls of wisdom or that his opinion is important, so [giveup].
Derived Absurdity
Ultimate Poster

Yeah I don't know why he posted it. Tarantino's words are notable if only for the fact that he's the only major white celebrity so far to take a hard stance against police brutality.
Unvoiced_Apollo
Ultimate Poster

Derived Absurdity wrote:But you're angry, right?
Not really. Irritated yes. But I don't have the energy to get angry at idiots who keep doing bullshit crap like this.
Cassius Clay
Ultimate Poster

Post by Cassius Clay »

Taratino's the type of mawwfucka to hire a black guy with a big dick to sleep with his white wife, while he watches and jerks it in the corner.
Pope Bucky
Super Poster

Post by Pope Bucky »

Cassius Clay wrote:black guy with a big dick
Redundant. [none]
Unvoiced_Apollo
Ultimate Poster

Pope Bucky wrote:
Cassius Clay wrote:black guy with a big dick
Redundant. [none]
Unless he meant big even for a black guy.