Firefly

Post by Gypsy-Vanner »

So 14 episodes is it? That sux. I liked it
I Shall Smite Thee Ruinous While Thy Soul Weeps for Salvation
aels
Global Moderator

Re: Firefly

Post by aels »

They made a movie though. It's rilly good.
WORDS IN THE HEART CANNOT BE TAKEN
Gendo
Site Admin

Post by Gendo »

I am a leaf on the wind.
CashRules
Ultimate Poster

Post by CashRules »

I watched Serenity first then watched Firefly. It was all one huge bag of suck.
__
You can't hang a man for killing a woman who's trying to steal his horse.
Unvoiced_Apollo
Ultimate Poster

Post by Unvoiced_Apollo »

CashRules wrote:I watched Serenity first then watched Firefly. It was all one huge bag of suck.

That's because you have no soul
Whitey

Post by Whitey »

I watched an episode after reading that blog where a person said Joss Whedon and Firefly were the worst things to ever happen, and I wasn't that interested in it.
Derived Absurdity
Ultimate Poster

Post by Derived Absurdity »

Cash is right, everything about Firefly is fucking horrid. Most of the things I've seen from Whedon have been horrid, but Firefly was especially bad.
CashRules
Ultimate Poster

Post by CashRules »

What passes for entertainment the past decade has really made me worry for humanity. I mean what the fuck is with absolute shit like The Kardashians, the Duggars, Jersey Shore, {searching for five years and never}Finding Bigfoot. I watch The Walking Dead as mostly a guilty pleasure and to see which main character dies next and how, but it's far from a great program. I can't even think of a really good television series that began this century. Thank God that Burn Notice nonsense got cancelled. That was a series without a single talented actor. I understand why Bruce Campbell gets mentioned as a good actor on another thread, he surrounds himself with the only six or seven people on the planet with even less talent than him. Is that horrible Two Broke Girls still on? FFS, somebody should be tortured for that shit. Everybody involved with White Collar should be shipped to Antarctica without any fucking clothes. Somebody tell me a television program worth watching, please. It's a sad state of affairs when mediocre horseshit like Breaking Bad and Sons of Anarchy develop mad followings. If either of those shows had started in the 80s they would have been cancelled after the first three or four episodes. They only look good in comparison to the rest of the fecal matter that's on TV now. Oh, and Suits, that's another spectacularly pathetic excuse for a television series. I'm not even sure there are any decent actors or actresses under the age of 50. Some just suck less than others. The Best Actor and Actress awards at the Oscars should be renamed The Leading Actor and Actress who Sucked the Least.
__
You can't hang a man for killing a woman who's trying to steal his horse.
BruceSmith78
Ultimate Poster

Post by BruceSmith78 »

CashRules wrote:What passes for entertainment the past decade has really made me worry for humanity. I mean what the fuck is with absolute shit like The Kardashians, the Duggars, Jersey Shore, {searching for five years and never}Finding Bigfoot. I watch The Walking Dead as mostly a guilty pleasure and to see which main character dies next and how, but it's far from a great program. I can't even think of a really good television series that began this century. Thank God that Burn Notice nonsense got cancelled. That was a series without a single talented actor. I understand why Bruce Campbell gets mentioned as a good actor on another thread, he surrounds himself with the only six or seven people on the planet with even less talent than him. Is that horrible Two Broke Girls still on? FFS, somebody should be tortured for that shit. Everybody involved with White Collar should be shipped to Antarctica without any fucking clothes. Somebody tell me a television program worth watching, please. It's a sad state of affairs when mediocre horseshit like Breaking Bad and Sons of Anarchy develop mad followings. If either of those shows had started in the 80s they would have been cancelled after the first three or four episodes. They only look good in comparison to the rest of the fecal matter that's on TV now. Oh, and Suits, that's another spectacularly pathetic excuse for a television series. I'm not even sure there are any decent actors or actresses under the age of 50. Some just suck less than others. The Best Actor and Actress awards at the Oscars should be renamed The Leading Actor and Actress who Sucked the Least.
In other words, "you kids get off my lawn!"
Ptolemy_Banana
Super Poster

Post by Ptolemy_Banana »

BruceSmith78 wrote:In other words, "you kids get off my lawn!"
Pretty much, this is the golden age of television, despite the Kardashian/Duggar/Jersey Shore etc douchestravaganza.
Dr_Liszt

Post by Dr_Liszt »

Yeah, I think Breaking Bad was really good t.v, it did live up to the hype. The first season of Game of Thrones is still the best thing on t.v I've seen. But I didn't like season 4 that much. I didn't like how Petyr Baelish is being destroyed, how they downplayed Oberyn and the Mountain's duel, how Tyrion didn't tell Jaime that Cersei is a massive whore.... ugh SO MUCH MISSING!
BruceSmith78
Ultimate Poster

Post by BruceSmith78 »

I thought the duel between Oberyn and the Mountain was damn near perfect, but they have turned Littlefinger into an imbecile. I was more disappointed that Jaime didn't tell Tyrion the truth about his first wife than I was about Tyrion not telling Jaime that his sister is a player.