Site Admin

Re: SAS officially declares Steph greatest in the world

Post by Gendo »

I thought this was gonna be about Aels.
aels
Global Moderator

Post by aels »

Gendo wrote:I thought this was gonna be about Aels.
Me too, I was very sad.
WORDS IN THE HEART CANNOT BE TAKEN
Cassius Clay
Ultimate Poster

Post by Cassius Clay »

Aels does remind me of Michael Jordan.
Cassius Clay
Ultimate Poster

Post by Cassius Clay »

aels wrote:
Gendo wrote:I thought this was gonna be about Aels.
Me too, I was very sad.
You should be honored that you share his name. [none]

I'm not sure if you're familiar with basketball at all, but Steph Curry is basically the Legolas of the NBA(you're a lotr nerd, right?). They both have a sort of meek, pretty boy, unthreatening appearance(with a sort of quiet intensity)...but they will annihilate you with a smooth, effortless, intelligent and just otherworldly type of craftiness, focus, and grace...with machine-like action and efficiency, yet beautifully fluid at the same time. They both have very quiet but extreme confidence and focus. They both have quick shooting releases with insane accuracy/precision, and they scare the shit out of everyone because of how easy they make everything ridiculous look(yeah, after I kill everyone that was riding it, lemme shoot a few arrows into the head of this middle-earth mammoth thing and casually slide down it's trunk as it stumbles to it's death)....always a step ahead everyone, like they literally know everything that's going to happen before it happens. They just seem untouchable. One of Steph's nicknames is "the baby-faced assassin"(the other is "the human torch")...a nickname that suits Legolas perfectly. You know, this started as kind of a jokey comparison, but the more I think about it, the more similarities I see and the more accurate it seems.

Some athletes/fighters rely on brute physicality(the Tysons, Lebrons, Rousey...Gimli [none]), while others rely mostly or solely being really crafty, smooth, quick and evasive(Ali, Magic, RDJ's Sherlock, Drunken Master from Tekken [none}, etc).

MJ and Bruce Lee were a perfect marriage of both.