The Warriors are lucky to have a great second generation player

CashRules
Ultimate Poster

The Warriors are lucky to have a great second generation player

Post by CashRules »

like Klay Thompson. Otherwise they'd lose half their games.
__
You can't hang a man for killing a woman who's trying to steal his horse.
Cassius Clay
Ultimate Poster

Re: The Warriors are lucky to have a great second generation player

Post by Cassius Clay »

Not sure if you're kidding but Klay Thompson really is underrated. He's a great defender and can shoot almost as well as Curry. He scored 37 in a quarter last season. That's why they call them the splash brothers.

And the warriors just have a bunch of good young players in general. Everyone is key to their success. Curry just happens to be the biggest key.
sikax
Ultimate Poster

Post by sikax »

Bay Area residents are experts at jumping on bandwagons. I swear to God. When the Niners started being good a few years ago with Harbaugh, everyone and their mothers jumped on. And there were Giants fans before they started winning multiple World Series, but after 2010 that shit got insane. A bunch of fuckin phonies. And it's happening again with the Warriors. I don't understand. Like, do people who aren't that interested in sports growing up suddenly decide to like their local team when they become successful? That seems so fucked up. Then again, I've been very involved in sports since childhood so maybe I don't know what's acceptable.

Raiders bandwagon is empty though, thank God. [none]
The agonies which are have their origin in the ecstasies which might have been.
CashRules
Ultimate Poster

Post by CashRules »

It's too bad we don't have a time machine so we could see this year's Warriors lose by 50 to the early 80s Lakers with Klay Thompson's dad backing up Kareem. Okay, the Lakers would win by 50 if Magic sat out the second half and Worthy sat out the 4th quarter.
__
Cassius Clay
Ultimate Poster

Post by Cassius Clay »

Curry and Thompson are considered by many to be the best backcourt in NBA history. And they're still getting better.

Which is kinda the scary thing about this team. They're mostly young guys that are still improving...they win a championship last year and break the record for best start in history this season.
CashRules
Ultimate Poster

Post by CashRules »

Curry and Thompson are considered by many to be the best backcourt in NBA history.
That's probably the same people who think Lebron is better than Jordan.
__
Cassius Clay
Ultimate Poster

Post by Cassius Clay »

sikax wrote:Bay Area residents are experts at jumping on bandwagons. I swear to God. When the Niners started being good a few years ago with Harbaugh, everyone and their mothers jumped on. And there were Giants fans before they started winning multiple World Series, but after 2010 that shit got insane. A bunch of fuckin phonies. And it's happening again with the Warriors. I don't understand. Like, do people who aren't that interested in sports growing up suddenly decide to like their local team when they become successful? That seems so fucked up. Then again, I've been very involved in sports since childhood so maybe I don't know what's acceptable.

Raiders bandwagon is empty though, thank God. [none]
#dubnation

I'm not so much a fan of the warriors as I am a fan of this particular group of guys. I became a fan in about 2012 when I saw what was developing there (though I'd been a fan of Curry's long before that). I didn't think they'd be this damn good this quickly tho.
Cassius Clay
Ultimate Poster

Post by Cassius Clay »

CashRules wrote:
Curry and Thompson are considered by many to be the best backcourt in NBA history.
That's probably the same people who think Lebron is better than Jordan.
Anyone that thinks that is delusional.