Dark Chocolate & Kale

Unvoiced_Apollo
Ultimate Poster

Dark Chocolate & Kale

Post by Unvoiced_Apollo »

Healthy super foods? Or evil conspiracy by the chocolate & kale lobbies?
BruceSmith78
Ultimate Poster

Re: Dark Chocolate & Kale

Post by BruceSmith78 »

Two nasty substances posing as food.
Unvoiced_Apollo
Ultimate Poster

BruceSmith78 wrote:Two nasty substances posing as food.
This is how I feel about coffee as a beverage.
CashRules
Ultimate Poster

Post by CashRules »

You're both right.
__
You can't hang a man for killing a woman who's trying to steal his horse.
Unvoiced_Apollo
Ultimate Poster

I will say a little dark chocolate in a batch of chili adds a nice dimension to it.
BruceSmith78
Ultimate Poster

Post by BruceSmith78 »

Coffee is disgusting unless you add the right amount of flavored creamer. Then it's useful.
thesalmonofdoubt
Global Moderator

Post by thesalmonofdoubt »

Don't mind Dark Chocolate but can only eat small amount of it - but apparently, it is good for you.
Kale - is about as good for you as any other green leafy vegetable, the difference being that it is inedible unless its fried and salted and eaten like chips - in which form it is significantly less good for you .. so just eat spinach.
Coffee - in the states is undrinkable, for a country that goes on about their coffee so hard, its ironic that you can't make a decent cup of the stuff. Flavoured creamer is about the worst thing ever and just means you are attempting to deliver caffeine into your system for its own sake and are trying to do your best at making the delivery method less painful.
Real coffee is awesome and needs no trimmings
Islandmur
Global Moderator

Post by Islandmur »

In haiti we call USA coffee "sock water". If I have an opportunity I'll send you some haitian coffee Salmon.
thesalmonofdoubt
Global Moderator

Islandmur wrote:In haiti we call USA coffee "sock water". If I have an opportunity I'll send you some haitian coffee Salmon.
this I would enjoy
Unvoiced_Apollo
Ultimate Poster

thesalmonofdoubt wrote:Don't mind Dark Chocolate but can only eat small amount of it - but apparently, it is good for you.
Kale - is about as good for you as any other green leafy vegetable, the difference being that it is inedible unless its fried and salted and eaten like chips - in which form it is significantly less good for you .. so just eat spinach.
Coffee - in the states is undrinkable, for a country that goes on about their coffee so hard, its ironic that you can't make a decent cup of the stuff. Flavoured creamer is about the worst thing ever and just means you are attempting to deliver caffeine into your system for its own sake and are trying to do your best at making the delivery method less painful.
Real coffee is awesome and needs no trimmings

I just put some of my 86% cacao dark chocolate in some warm vanilla almond milk. Pretty good
OpiateOfTheMasses
Global Moderator

Post by OpiateOfTheMasses »

Dark Chocolate is the way chocolate should be eaten. If you don't like the taste of chocolate then don't eat it. There's plenty of other candy available.

Coffee should be drunk strong and black. Like Turkish coffee or Espresso. When you start putting frothy milk and flavoured syrups in it to hide the flavour of the coffee perhaps coffee isn't the drink for you?
You can't make everyone happy. You are not pizza.
BruceSmith78
Ultimate Poster

Post by BruceSmith78 »

I drink coffee for the caffeine, and as Salmon said, flavored creamer is just the way to make it drinkable and get the caffeine in my system. You're wrong on both counts, Opiate. I also don't understand why Salmon perfectly described the need for flavored creamer, yet simultaneously called it the worst thing ever. [gonemad]
CashRules
Ultimate Poster

Post by CashRules »

There's this wonderful product called Coca-Cola which has both caffeine and taste.
__
BruceSmith78
Ultimate Poster

Post by BruceSmith78 »

Coke is good, but too weak. Not nearly enough caffeine.
CashRules
Ultimate Poster

Post by CashRules »

Just snort a line of cocaine when you wake up in the morning and you won't have to worry about not getting enough caffeine.
__
thesalmonofdoubt
Global Moderator

BruceSmith78 wrote:I drink coffee for the caffeine, and as Salmon said, flavored creamer is just the way to make it drinkable and get the caffeine in my system. You're wrong on both counts, Opiate. I also don't understand why Salmon perfectly described the need for flavored creamer, yet simultaneously called it the worst thing ever. [gonemad]

So close.

Good coffee tastes awesome and needs no trimmings to get the caffeine in - the problem here is I am almost certain most yanks have never actually tasted a good cup of coffee.

To Opiates point - I like my coffee black, but unless it late at night and I've had a couple, I normally drink Latte .. Nothing wrong with adding Milk to coffee but if you start with dud coffee - doesn't matter what you add in it - its gonna be crap.

Also - coffee isn't something you drink by the litre, you see people in the states buying these enormous soda cup size coffee's with double shots and squirts of flavoured syrup .. Its a country gone mad and I'm less surprised to meet an American who hates coffee than I am one who loves it.
You guys are just not doing it right - anyone wanna take the time to come to Melbourne, I'll treat you to some real coffee.. You will be amazed at how different it is from the stuff that masquerades for it in the states
Unvoiced_Apollo
Ultimate Poster

thesalmonofdoubt wrote:
BruceSmith78 wrote:I drink coffee for the caffeine, and as Salmon said, flavored creamer is just the way to make it drinkable and get the caffeine in my system. You're wrong on both counts, Opiate. I also don't understand why Salmon perfectly described the need for flavored creamer, yet simultaneously called it the worst thing ever. [gonemad]

So close.

Good coffee tastes awesome and needs no trimmings to get the caffeine in - the problem here is I am almost certain most yanks have never actually tasted a good cup of coffee.

To Opiates point - I like my coffee black, but unless it late at night and I've had a couple, I normally drink Latte .. Nothing wrong with adding Milk to coffee but if you start with dud coffee - doesn't matter what you add in it - its gonna be crap.

Also - coffee isn't something you drink by the litre, you see people in the states buying these enormous soda cup size coffee's with double shots and squirts of flavoured syrup .. Its a country gone mad and I'm less surprised to meet an American who hates coffee than I am one who loves it.
You guys are just not doing it right - anyone wanna take the time to come to Melbourne, I'll treat you to some real coffee.. You will be amazed at how different it is from the stuff that masquerades for it in the states
That's an expensive cup of coffee.
OpiateOfTheMasses wrote:Dark Chocolate is the way chocolate should be eaten. If you don't like the taste of chocolate then don't eat it. There's plenty of other candy available.
I've gotten used to the taste & other candy doesn't offer the same benefits.