The IMDB Religion board is becoming one sick place.

Here you can talk about anything that isn't covered by the other categories.
CashRules
Ultimate Poster

The IMDB Religion board is becoming one sick place.

Post by CashRules »

There are currently no fewer than four kiddie-fiddlers posting there. Of course it's not about letting adults molest children, it's about giving kids the "freedom of choice" to decide to be molested by perverts. Won't somebody think of the children!!!???
__
You can't hang a man for killing a woman who's trying to steal his horse.
aels
Global Moderator

Re: The IMDB Religion board is becoming one sick place.

Post by aels »

Are any of them Pancake?
WORDS IN THE HEART CANNOT BE TAKEN
Cassius Clay
Ultimate Poster

Post by Cassius Clay »

I don't think so. But they're obviously a bunch of free spirits. If they jumped off a cliff they would probably soar.

(I wish some of them would try)
BruceSmith78
Ultimate Poster

Post by BruceSmith78 »

Becoming?
vnufeld
Frequenter

Post by vnufeld »

Those four are really testing my opposition to wishing death on people. Especially painful deaths.
CashRules
Ultimate Poster

Post by CashRules »

I wouldn't kill them but I'd probably support making it legal to nail their testicles to a chair.
__
You can't hang a man for killing a woman who's trying to steal his horse.
phe_de
Ultra Poster

Post by phe_de »

What I like to visualize is those pedo defenders being tied up and put on an empty road, and then put some kids into some huge cars on that road.

After all, if the kids are physically able to steer a wheel and push down pedals, and have a basic understanding of how a car works and what the main traffic rules are, they should be allowed to drive a car, right?
Common sense is another word for prejudice.
Derived Absurdity
Ultimate Poster

Post by Derived Absurdity »

What the hell is up with that JrnlofEddieDeezenStudies guy arguing that age of consent laws should be abolished? I always had him tagged as one of the smart and reasonable ones, if a bit annoying and obnoxious... I used to argue with him on the philosophy board and I was always impressed with him. It's completely surreal to see him arguing with Vegas Devil and Vegas Devil calling him a sick moron and Vegas Devil being 100% correct.

Jesus, how fucking stupid and sick do you have to be to argue against age of consent laws? What the hell is wrong with people? You see this shit on reddit a lot too.
Cassius Clay
Ultimate Poster

Post by Cassius Clay »

I remember him from the philosophy boards from years ago, and I used to respect him.

Then I saw him make some comment a few days ago(that nobody challenged), saying something about not liking the idea of punishing hate crimes(just treating them as regular crimes) because it seems like punishing "thought crime." Then I realized he was one of those types. Seemingly intelligent, but morally empty. A few days later he's disingenuously defending pedophilia...while thinking he's smarter than everyone else. I've been tempted to go at him, but I don't want to waste my time.
Derived Absurdity
Ultimate Poster

Post by Derived Absurdity »

I did suspect for a while that ethically he wasn't really all there. A while ago we were discussing antinatalism (I'm pretty sure you were there) and he was saying some shit about how suffering simply doesn't matter and that he doesn't care how many people suffer, or something. Like, it was all very abstract and theoretical and whatever, so it didn't seem that gross at the time, but, I mean, really? What kind of person just up and says "I don't think suffering matters" as a debating point. What is there to say to that besides "fuck off and die"?

Part of me always knew he was an asshole, I don't know why I've always had such a positive impression of him in my head.
Cassius Clay
Ultimate Poster

Post by Cassius Clay »

I'm not sure if I remember that in particular but it sounds like something he would say. He strikes me as someone well-read, but not a naturally clear/honest thinker. He unnecessarily breaks too many things down to basic components, to the point were important contexts are lost/not easily communicated.