Suicide Squad trailder

Unvoiced_Apollo
Ultimate Poster

Suicide Squad trailder

Post by Unvoiced_Apollo »

So much more excited for this than Batman vs. Superman.
Gendo
Site Admin

Re: Suicide Squad trailder

Post by Gendo »

That was one of the best trailers I've ever seen. I'm looking forward to seeing this; but I'm not super-hyped for it or anything. Enough that I'll see it in theaters though; which says a lot for me.
sikax
Ultimate Poster

Post by sikax »

Fuckin a
The agonies which are have their origin in the ecstasies which might have been.
Boomer
Super Poster

Post by Boomer »

In all honesty I think it looks kind of stupid, but I'm hoping to be proved wrong.
...the only people for me are the mad ones...
Derived Absurdity
Ultimate Poster

Post by Derived Absurdity »

This looks dumb.
sikax
Ultimate Poster

Post by sikax »

It'll be good. The only thing that still bugs me is Leto.
The agonies which are have their origin in the ecstasies which might have been.
Derived Absurdity
Ultimate Poster

It looks dumb mostly because of Leto. And the stupid jokes.
thesalmonofdoubt
Global Moderator

Post by thesalmonofdoubt »

Well - I reckon this looks all kinda awesome - count me in, I have no problem with Leto in this at all.,
Boomer
Super Poster

Post by Boomer »

I like Leto very much as an actor and when he was cast as the Joker I was ecstatic, however when the first press shots came out with him all tatted up I was less enthused, and even in the trailers I still don't like the look. His voice and mannerisms seem good, the laugh sounds great, but I still can't get over the tats yet. He looks like some ironic barista from a hipster coffee shop.
thesalmonofdoubt
Global Moderator

He looks like some ironic barista from a hipster coffee shop.
Sounds terrifying to me.

I dunno - I kinda like the look, seems to fit in with the feel of this and I have absolute faith in Jared, I can't remember seeing him in anything I didn't think he excelled in.

The only real worry for me is Jai Courtney - much like Sam Worthington, there just seems to be some sort of agenda to make this guy happen for reasons I can't fathom. He's as generic as you can possibly get, not great, not terrible .. just a guy but they seem to keep shoe horning him into roles hoping he'll break it big .. but then it's got Margot Robbie in it and - chreeest I'm all kinds of into her.

Either way - I think this show looks fan-bloody-tastic and I'm pretty jazzed
BruceSmith78
Ultimate Poster

Post by BruceSmith78 »

That song was perfect for the trailer, and for the first time I'm starting to think Leto might actually work as the Joker.
CashRules
Ultimate Poster

Post by CashRules »

Boomer and DA are right.
__
You can't hang a man for killing a woman who's trying to steal his horse.
Unvoiced_Apollo
Ultimate Poster

CashRules wrote:Boomer and DA are right.

Well, this right here confirms it's going to be great.
Monk
Ultra Poster

Post by Monk »

Am I the only one that this looks kinda like shit? Also, that trailer feels very Guardians of the Galaxy.
BruceSmith78
Ultimate Poster

Post by BruceSmith78 »

Looks like 3 people on this thread agree with you, although I see nothing wrong with it feeling like Guardians of the Galaxy. That movie was great.
thesalmonofdoubt
Global Moderator

BruceSmith78 wrote:Looks like 3 people on this thread agree with you, although I see nothing wrong with it feeling like Guardians of the Galaxy. That movie was great.

It doesn't remind me of Guardians at all - but in line with Bruce's comment, I wouldn't have an issue with that - I loved Guardians
Unvoiced_Apollo
Ultimate Poster

thesalmonofdoubt wrote:
BruceSmith78 wrote:Looks like 3 people on this thread agree with you, although I see nothing wrong with it feeling like Guardians of the Galaxy. That movie was great.

It doesn't remind me of Guardians at all - but in line with Bruce's comment, I wouldn't have an issue with that - I loved Guardians
Same. The only similarity I can think is an old song accompanying the trailer, but beyond that, I don't get that GotG feel.
BruceSmith78
Ultimate Poster

Post by BruceSmith78 »

I hadn't thought of it until Monk's comment, but it does have a team of anti-heroes assembled to save the day. They also have a lineup of them in prison while somebody gives you a short description of what makes them bad, which was present in Guardians.
Monk
Ultra Poster

Post by Monk »

Well, I was specifically talking about the trailer itself being like Guardians. Suicide Squad as a concept doesn't rip of Guardians since it technically pre-dates Guardians, though it didn't really become much of an independent comic until the 80s. I could be reaching a bit though

Derived Absurdity
Ultimate Poster

lol i guess i was right
Unvoiced_Apollo
Ultimate Poster

Derived Absurdity wrote:lol i guess i was right
I don't know. I think the critics might have just gotten used to shitting on the DCEU.
Derived Absurdity
Ultimate Poster

I think it's just that movie is as bad as the trailers promised it would be.
Boomer
Super Poster

Post by Boomer »

If you know someone you really can't stand — not someone you dislike, not someone who rubs you the wrong way, but someone you really loathe and detest — send that person a ticket for “Suicide Squad."
Damn, reviewers are cold as ice.
Unvoiced_Apollo
Ultimate Poster

I think this will be a Jurassic World. Terrible but entertaining (and not in a so bad it's good Sharknado way).
thesalmonofdoubt
Global Moderator

off to see it tonight with the kids - ignoring the reviews until I know for myself
Unvoiced_Apollo
Ultimate Poster

Suicide Squad is miles above BvS but I can see where the critics are coming from. Will Smith & Margot Robbie really carry the film through what is a pretty fun movie with terrible editing/pacing. And Jai Courtney is clearly having fun as Captain Boomerang & it makes him an enjoyabke background presence. Jared Leto's Joker's didn't work for me though not nearly as bad as Eisenburg's Lex Luthor. I'm a little more forgiving of the edits because it feels less like terrible writers/directors squeezing a bunch of stuff in and more like studio execs trying to please audiences. I didn't feel like I wasted a ticket, but it's a matinee/rental recommendation. 5.8/10
thesalmonofdoubt
Global Moderator

I actually enjoyed BvS more than I enjoyed Suicide squad - both suffered from similar faults, too much squeezed into the movie making the whole experience disjointed and non-cohesive. Both felt like a whole bunch of disconnected scenes crammed together rather than one seamless story. To me, Suicide squad had more of all that then BVS.

The Good: - the soundtrack was awesome, it looked great, I really liked Margo Robbie and Will, Jared less so but still not bad, it was always gonna be a big ask following Heath's joker performance wise. There were a few brilliant lines but the majority of them we saw in the trailer which left not all that much new material on the actual watch.

The Bad - Too many back story cut away's that didn't always work to move the story along, the plot was spread among too many main characters. The editing was terrible, choppy poorly timed pauses and cuts all over the place.

Overall - fun enuff but not great - I'm going with 6.5 outta 10
Unvoiced_Apollo
Ultimate Poster

thesalmonofdoubt wrote:I actually enjoyed BvS more than I enjoyed Suicide squad - both suffered from similar faults, too much squeezed into the movie making the whole experience disjointed and non-cohesive. Both felt like a whole bunch of disconnected scenes crammed together rather than one seamless story. To me, Suicide squad had more of all that then BVS.

The Good: - the soundtrack was awesome, it looked great, I really liked Margo Robbie and Will, Jared less so but still not bad, it was always gonna be a big ask following Heath's joker performance wise. There were a few brilliant lines but the majority of them we saw in the trailer which left not all that much new material on the actual watch.

The Bad - Too many back story cut away's that didn't always work to move the story along, the plot was spread among too many main characters. The editing was terrible, choppy poorly timed pauses and cuts all over the place.

Overall - fun enuff but not great - I'm going with 6.5 outta 10
I guess the fun factor is where I'm coming from. I got mad/annoyed/confused at the creative choices that didn't really fit in BvS (fucking Eisenburg, weird flashback/ dream sequences, etc.) & that to me made piss poor editing so much more noticeabke. For Suicide Squad, I felt there was good chemistry between a team clearly having fun and I could at least understand what they were going for even if it didn't work. I still noticed some of the flaws but the entertainment value pushed it above BvS for me.
Dr_Liszt

Post by Dr_Liszt »

You guys should just lay off the drugs. Jared Leto, Margot Robbie and Cara Delevigne gave the worst performances I've seen in a while. And I watch a LOT of shit movies. Granted, Will Smith and Margot Robbie were the best things in this movie, that is still not saying much.

The movie was butchered post-production, this is obvious, I read a comment that the soundtrack sounded as if someone was shuffling someone's playlist, and is true, might have been added post production because it changed tracks after a minute, making the whole thing really sloppy and weird. There are scenes that don't make sense, there are flashbacks after the flashbacks and then flashbacks of shit that happened in the movie 15 mins ago. So this tells me this movie was aimed for idiots with add.

Now saying all of this, I have add, so I did think this movie was fun. But I just saw Independence Day Resurgence and that one felt more fun than this piece of shit, so.... mediocre DC will be mediocre. This actually had the potential to become an awesome movie because it has its awesome moment (the bar scene, the end.), but... is frustrating. Studio killed it.

I liked this better than Batman vs Superman and Man of Steel, and Captain America Civil War. But as I said, not saying much.

4/10.

If you value your money, don't spend it on this. If you have money to waste then yeah, watch it. Is fun, but is a shitty mess. I do regret my 50 bucks on this movie, because I need shoes. But if you have shoes, go ahead.

The end.
BruceSmith78
Ultimate Poster

Post by BruceSmith78 »

50 bucks?

What the fuck?

What kind theater was this? Did you get a case of beer and a pizza with your ticket?
Dr_Liszt

Post by Dr_Liszt »

Also every poc character in that pos is a fucking stereotype. [roll]
Derived Absurdity
Ultimate Poster

I thought it was a funny observation that (apparently) they created one of the most diverse movies in a while, only so they could make them all stereotypes. [laugh]