I'm now sympathetic to Christian Bale's freakout

Here you can talk about anything that isn't covered by the other categories.
Cassius Clay
Ultimate Poster

I'm now sympathetic to Christian Bale's freakout

Post by Cassius Clay »

Ever feel like strangling a really nice person? A person who is obviously decent in every way, but they might be so in their head that they do really inconsiderate shit sometimes? And what makes you even madder is that you're not sure if you should be mad at them because they genuinely don't seem to know any better?

Would you start cleaning with harsh chemicals around someone doing an intense cardio workout(something that requires deep, desperate breathing)? Chemicals that already make you fucking light-headed when you're wearing a mask to protect yourself? That's what the two idiots that work at my fitness center just did. I know they're just doing they're jobs, so I felt like It'd be a dick move to tell them to stop cleaning/go do something else....no matter how nicely I said it. Made more awkward by the fact that they don't speak English too well. Made more aggravating by the fact that they were taking their sweet time and looking at their phones. And I tried to drop hints, like asking them to open the windows...but they didn't pick up on them.

Other than that, great people. [none]
aels
Global Moderator

Re: I'm now sympathetic to Christian Bale's freakout

Post by aels »

My former boss, who is also one of my best friends. She's a good person but she has an unlimited capacity for doing thoughtless, selfish shit that makes me want to kill her and/or myself. I'm basically letting all of my resentment bubble away under the surface until I have an aneurysm. Maybe I need some of those cleaning chemicals, chill me out a bit.
WORDS IN THE HEART CANNOT BE TAKEN
Cinemachinery
Super Poster

Re: I'm now sympathetic to Christian Bale's freakout

Post by Cinemachinery »

That sounds like a legit freakout.

Bale's was because he was trying to go full-method in a freaking McG movie and was weak enough to let a lighting guy distract him.

As a guy who's had to stand on stage and deliver Chekhov through people chatting, phones beeping and kids crying without breaking character, I have no sympathy for Bale.
Even I find my avatar disturbing.