Robert De Niro: No Talent AND a Dumbass

Here you can talk about anything that isn't covered by the other categories.
CashRules
Ultimate Poster

Robert De Niro: No Talent AND a Dumbass

Post by CashRules »

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/robert-de- ... 13220.html
The 15th opening of New York's Tribeca Film Festival has been overshadowed by controversy. Vaxxed: From Cover-Up to Catastrophe, a documentary made by anti-vaccine advocate Andrew Wakefield, was going to premiere at the festival. Because of that, filmmakers threatened to boycott Tribeca, so co-founder Robert De Niro decided to remove it from the program. However, De Niro appeared on Today with Tribeca co-founder Jane Rosenthal and defended the movie.
“I think the movie is something that people should see," the legendary actor told hosts Willie Geist and Savannah Guthrie. “There was a backlash, which I haven't fully explored, and I will, but — and I didn't want it to start affecting the festival." De Niro suggested that the film has merit. “But definitely, there's something to that movie," he said. “There is another movie called Trace Amounts. These — there's a lot of information about things that are happening with the CDC, the pharmaceutical companies. There's a lot of things that are not said."
The film claims that the mumps-measles-rubella, or MMR, vaccine causes autism and that there has been a conspiracy to cover it up. However, more than a dozen scientific studies done in multiple countries with hundreds of thousands of children have have shown the MMR vaccine does not cause autism. The CDC, the World Health Organization, the Institute of Medicine, and the American Academy of Pediatrics have all come to this conclusion. Despite this, De Niro is skeptical.
“I, as a parent of a child who has autism, am concerned; I want to know the truth," he said. “And I'm not anti-vaccine. I want safe vaccines. Some people can't get a certain type of shot. They can die from it. Even penicillin. So why should that not be a vaccine? It isn't."
Vaxxed director Andrew Wakefield has been the subject of criticism. In 1998, he published a study linking the MMR vaccine to autism. It was later proved that he falsified data and had been paid by parents suing vaccine makers. The paper was retracted, and he lost his medical license. In the meantime, thousands of parents didn't vaccinate their children. Measles outbreaks happened. Hundreds of kids were hospitalized. Four died. Wakefield is seen as a pariah and unethical to the scientific community. Yet, De Niro thinks that his work should still be considered.
“Everybody doesn't want to seem to hear much about it. It's shut down. You guys are the ones that should be investigating. Do the investigating," De Niro implored. “I think the film was controversial because people felt the filmmaker had been discredited," Guthrie replied. “Even he, I'm not so sure about," said De Niro of Wakefield. “At the end of the day, even him."
Yeah, he's not an anti-vaxxer, he just repeats every anti-vaxxer line of bullshit. He's not an anti-vaxxer in the same way Vegas isn't a racist, sexist prick.
__
You can't hang a man for killing a woman who's trying to steal his horse.