No votes
No
100%

Total votes: 4

Unvoiced_Apollo
Ultimate Poster

Disney Fight #3

Post by Unvoiced_Apollo »

This one is a bit of a cheat, but since Disney now owns Star Wars, I'm counting it.

I've seen assertiins that Olaf from "Frozen" is the Jar Jar Binks of Disney (though I guess the way I'm presenting this, you could say Jar Jar is the Jar Jar of Disney).

Fair assertion or no?

I say no. While I understand that many will find Olaf annoying, he is nowhere near Jar Jar Banks' level. At least it makes sense as to why Olaf acts the way he does. He was a childhood creation and created subconsciously, so of course he's going to act like a child. He also symbolizes the bond between Anna & Elsa and it makes sense when he contributes something important to the movie.

Jar Jar has no meaning except to be annotingly dumb and to be scapegoated into being the cause of the rise of the empire
aels
Global Moderator

Re: Disney Fight #3

Post by aels »

I came to Frozen completely prepared to hate Olaf. My body was ready. He looked like everything I could possibly hate in a wacky cartoon character. I don't hate him. I don't like him, but I don't at all hate him and I think he actually made me laugh out loud twice. So, you know, he can live. For now.
WORDS IN THE HEART CANNOT BE TAKEN
Ptolemy_Banana
Super Poster

Post by Ptolemy_Banana »

That's a pretty ridiculous assertion. Olaf has some funny lines. Jar Jar talks in a stupid voice and does pratfalls. They probably love him in Spain though.
Unvoiced_Apollo
Ultimate Poster

Post by Unvoiced_Apollo »

Ptolemy_Banana wrote:That's a pretty ridiculous assertion. Olaf has some funny lines. Jar Jar talks in a stupid voice and does pratfalls. They probably love him in Spain though.
If I were to assign a Jar Jar Binks label to any Disney sidekick(s), it would be these guys: