Lol Andrew Jackson just got the crying MJ treatment

Here you can talk about anything that isn't covered by the other categories.
Cassius Clay
Ultimate Poster

Lol Andrew Jackson just got the crying MJ treatment

Post by Cassius Clay »

[laugh] I'm done.

Yay Harriet Tubman!
Derived Absurdity
Ultimate Poster

Re: Lol Andrew Jackson just got the crying MJ treatment

Post by Derived Absurdity »

yet more PC gone mad
Derived Absurdity
Ultimate Poster

Post by Derived Absurdity »

This is bullshit. I can't tell you how much this infuriates me. Every time someone looks at at 20 they're going to be reminded of slavery. Fuck that. Let the past be the past and stop trying to erase our white historical figures. There should be a required disclaimer on the bill that explains that less than 2% of Americans owned slaves at the height of slavery in America so people know the real truth.

They push this idea that America was built by slaves and we always need to be sorry for slavery. None of us had anything to do with it and America sure as fuck wasn't built by slaves.

No other country does shit like this. The left is completely out of control. It started with the confederate flag, now we're moving onto our currency, next we'll be tearing down statues.

It's fucking ridiculous.

Please Trump, save our great American history.
Perfect.
Boomer
Super Poster

Post by Boomer »

Derived Absurdity wrote:
This is bullshit. I can't tell you how much this infuriates me. Every time someone looks at at 20 they're going to be reminded of slavery. Fuck that. Let the past be the past and stop trying to erase our white historical figures. There should be a required disclaimer on the bill that explains that less than 2% of Americans owned slaves at the height of slavery in America so people know the real truth.

They push this idea that America was built by slaves and we always need to be sorry for slavery. None of us had anything to do with it and America sure as fuck wasn't built by slaves.

No other country does shit like this. The left is completely out of control. It started with the confederate flag, now we're moving onto our currency, next we'll be tearing down statues.

It's fucking ridiculous.

Please Trump, save our great American history.
Perfect.
Should have gotten a dig in about feminazi's and misandry, but i'll give it 4/5 stars.
...the only people for me are the mad ones...
Anakin McFly
Ultimate Poster

Post by Anakin McFly »

They push this idea that America was built by slaves and we always need to be sorry for slavery. None of us had anything to do with it
I find it hilarious how those people talk about how they weren't personally responsible for slavery (which I agree they weren't), and yet also talk as though they were personally a part of all the amazing things white people have done in history (which they also weren't). They can't have it both ways.
Cassius Clay
Ultimate Poster

Post by Cassius Clay »

Anakin McFly wrote:
They push this idea that America was built by slaves and we always need to be sorry for slavery. None of us had anything to do with it
I find it hilarious how those people talk about how they weren't personally responsible for slavery (which I agree they weren't), and yet also talk as though they were personally a part of all the amazing things white people have done in history (which they also weren't). They can't have it both ways.
What's consistent though is that they see themselves as important enough to be centered either way. It's the giant white ego that makes them center themselves(white guilt) in the narrative when talking about racism/slavery....they fail to see that it the issue is so much bigger than any individual person. The same giant ego makes them take credit for things that had nothing to do with them.

Reminds me of this clip where this young black dude intelligently explains the process of combating white supremacy, and this white guy can only seem to hear how he is somehow personally central...and derails with white guilt bs. You can almost hear the collective groan from the audience.

[youtube]https://youtube.com/watch?v=Wr9NRgf8aHo[/youtube]
phe_de
Ultra Poster

Post by phe_de »

Heard about the 20 $ bill. Cool stuff.
But what does it have to do with this?
http://themjtreatment.com/

That was the first hit I got for googling "MJ treatment"; and the person in the montage looks neither like Michael Jackson or Michael Jordan.
Common sense is another word for prejudice.
Gendo
Site Admin

Post by Gendo »

Just had someone on Facebook say that even though Rosa Tubman [sic] was an important historical figure, there should be a law that ONLY presidents should be on our money.
Gypsy-Vanner
Ultra Poster

Post by Gypsy-Vanner »

You should challenge them to name all the presidents of the US seeing as how their understand of history is superb as well as knowing the difference between Rosa Parks and Harriet Tubman.
I Shall Smite Thee Ruinous While Thy Soul Weeps for Salvation
BruceSmith78
Ultimate Poster

Post by BruceSmith78 »

You should ask which president is on the hundred dollar bill.
CashRules
Ultimate Poster

Post by CashRules »

Or the ten since we may be dealing with poor fuckers who have never seen a hundred dollar bill.
__
You can't hang a man for killing a woman who's trying to steal his horse.
Anakin McFly
Ultimate Poster

Post by Anakin McFly »

@Cassius - I like that black kid sitting next to him and the facial expressions he was making.
Anakin McFly
Ultimate Poster

Post by Anakin McFly »

Maybe it would help if we reframed these things as: "A bunch of people long ago set up a system that benefits you at the expense of others. It's not your fault they did that, but right now you're inadvertently hurting others as a result and the right thing to do is to stop." That way we bypass all the stuff about whose fault slavery is and how it's not contemporary white people's responsibility to atone for the racism of their ancestors - it isn't about atonement at all.
the_dork_lord
Super Poster

Post by the_dork_lord »

Condescending as fuck. The reason slavery existed was money. Now, they put someone who fought slavery on that very same money -- not because they want to change the system that created (and continues to create) slavery, but to make a token gesture and get some fucking applause. Then they turn around and reject reparations. "Hey, you can't have any of this money your ancestors created and we stole. But we'll put Harriet Tubman on it. But you can't have any."

And that's my first serious post here.
Anus.