Now Watching

Islandmur
Global Moderator

Now Watching

Post by Islandmur »

Ok so i've caught up with Doctor who, didn't start liking it until season 4. Do not like the new doctor. Didn't like Rose or the first doctor, love the 2nd one, liked the 3rd.

Tried watching Torchwood again... didn't take, but it suddenly dawned on me torchwood was an anagram for doctor who.

Now watching lost girl.
Whitey

Re: Now Watching

Post by Whitey »

With Dr Who, I thought the first doctor(of the new series) was excellent, the second was good to start with but got really tedious, the third was very good but had poor scripts, and the fourth has the potential to be the best.

Watched one episode of Torchwood and never again. I can't stand John Barrowman's face .
CashRules
Ultimate Poster

Post by CashRules »

Ecclestone was the best and Capaldi is getting close although scripts like "Kill The Moon" won't help him. Smith could have been better than Tennant with better scripts. Rose was a great companion with Ecclestone but was overused with Tennant and then forgotten about entirely. Martha was boring, I'm contractually obligated to like Donna and Amy was the perfect companion for Smith. Captain Jack should have remained as a recurring character on Dr. Who, Torchwood had a few good episodes and then it sucked. Rory was the best male companion although Wilf could have been with more than two episodes as an actual companion. Jack was better just showing up every once in awhile than actually being on the TARDIS. Mickey sucked until his last few episodes. River Song is the worst television character in history.

I've watched just enough of the classic episodes to be familiar with every Doctor and they are all horribly dated. I'd rather watch "Kill the Moon" or "Love and Monsters" (the two worst NuWho episodes) than sit through a single episode of Tom Baker again, and he's the best of the Classic doctors. Your viewing isn't complete until you get on Youtube and watch "The Night of The Doctor" mini-episode. It's only 5 or 6 minutes long and it's the last official appearance of Paul McGann as the 8th Doctor. With more than just one movie and one mini-episode, McGann could have easily been better than Tennant or Smith. I hated the War Doctor idea, but John Hurt did a commendable job in the role.
__
You can't hang a man for killing a woman who's trying to steal his horse.
Islandmur
Global Moderator

Post by Islandmur »

Couldn't like Rose, she seemed to speak like she always had a mouthful except in the appearances she made later on.

I actually started watching the original but gave up after 2 episodes they are really dated as hell. I'll give the night doctor a try.