Swiss Army Man - Reassessment

Unvoiced_Apollo
Ultimate Poster

Swiss Army Man - Reassessment

Post by Unvoiced_Apollo »

After taking sometime to think about Swiss Army Man I think it actually deserves a bump up to 9. And it's because of those fart & boner jokes. Ok not the fart jokes themselves, but that the movie eventually turns them into something symbolic. About how we place these arbitrary constraints on ourselves. How it can make just about anyone feel weird or out of place and jusf plain uncomfortable with themselves. We worry about how society will judge us on the tiniest infraction & we worry about whatt we might turn into either because of these constraints or because we stop worrying about them.

Both Dano & Radcliffe are great. It's weird & you definitely need to give the movie a chance to sift through the weirdness. But it's different, original, funny, and a little unsettling. You should go see it if it's still out.
Derived Absurdity
Ultimate Poster

Re: Swiss Army Man - Reassessment

Post by Derived Absurdity »

I really want to see that movie.
Unvoiced_Apollo
Ultimate Poster

Derived Absurdity wrote:I really want to see that movie.
You might like it, but there is a lot of farting in the movir, especially at the beginning.
Derived Absurdity
Ultimate Poster

Post by Derived Absurdity »

The farting is part of the thematic complexity.
Gendo
Site Admin

Post by Gendo »

Never heard of it. Just watched the trailer. Isn't that just Weekend at Bernie's?
Unvoiced_Apollo
Ultimate Poster

Gendo wrote:Never heard of it. Just watched the trailer. Isn't that just Weekend at Bernie's?
No. It's closer to Cast Away, only with a talking dead body that has several uses as Wilson.