No Man's Sky

Place to discuss games of all types. tabletop games, video games, etc.
Faustus5
Super Poster

No Man's Sky

Post by Faustus5 »

Anyone thinking of picking this up? My download from the Playstation store should be done in a few hours. Been looking forward to it for a while.
BruceSmith78
Ultimate Poster

Re: No Man's Sky

Post by BruceSmith78 »

It's out?
Faustus5
Super Poster

Post by Faustus5 »

BruceSmith78 wrote:It's out?
Yep, PS4 version as of yesterday, PC on the 12th.
BruceSmith78
Ultimate Poster

Post by BruceSmith78 »

After your post I started looking for more info on it. Not sure if I should get the PC or PS4 version, or if I'll get it at all, but I'm interested. I remember hearing about this game ages ago, and it sounds kinda cool.
Faustus5
Super Poster

Post by Faustus5 »

BruceSmith78 wrote:After your post I started looking for more info on it. Not sure if I should get the PC or PS4 version, or if I'll get it at all, but I'm interested. I remember hearing about this game ages ago, and it sounds kinda cool.
I'm a few hours into it so here are some first impressions:

1. You basically explore, craft, and try to stay out of trouble. It will be at least an hour before you repair your ship enough to be able to get into space. and then you'll just do more of the same, but on different planets.

2. The game makes you figure out a lot of the controls and interface on your own. So you aren't just exploring an environment, you're exploring the game itself. This I do not appreciate.

3. Nevertheless, I'm liking it so far even though normally I avoid exploration games in favor of story based RPG's.