Hold on to your intestines ....

RedRuth1963
New Timer

Hold on to your intestines ....

Post by RedRuth1963 »

The Walking Dead is back in October, I've even got a NowTV subscription so I don't have download it. So after a summer to reflect on it, who died? I really don't think they can get away with killing off a minor character like Aaron so I think it's going to be Abraham or Glen. Can't decide which but if I had to put money on it then ........................ Abraham. Although my predictive power is notoriously bad.
CashRules
Ultimate Poster

Re: Hold on to your intestines ....

Post by CashRules »

__
You can't hang a man for killing a woman who's trying to steal his horse.
RedRuth1963
New Timer

Post by RedRuth1963 »

I missed that, don't people have better things to do than stalk film sets? It's quite possible that AMC are using misdirection though, their last Glen cliffhanger was spoilered. I suppose both characters have reached the end of an arc but I quite liked both of them. As long as they don't kill off Michonne I won't be too upset about who dies.
CashRules
Ultimate Poster

Post by CashRules »

Glen and Abe together are a good team but there really are too many lead characters now. They have to get rid of a few to make screen time for Ezekiel and his tiger. The assholes wouldn't cough up the money for a real tiger so it's going to be all CGI.
__
BruceSmith78
Ultimate Poster

Post by BruceSmith78 »

I thought it would be Eugene, just cuz he's got plans to make bullets and he's educated, and educated people with plans to build stuff for the future have a terrible survival rate on this show.
thesalmonofdoubt
Global Moderator

Post by thesalmonofdoubt »

BruceSmith78 wrote:I thought it would be Eugene, just cuz he's got plans to make bullets and he's educated, and educated people with plans to build stuff for the future have a terrible survival rate on this show.

Pretty much this - also because Eugene seems on the verge of some sort of turning point where is all committed to becoming useful and stuff - and most characters that go thru this sort of redemption seem to get killed off before it really gets underway.

Plus - I don't think it would be Glenn given that would be fairly anticlimactic to anyone who's followed the graphic novels.
CashRules
Ultimate Poster

Post by CashRules »

I can't see it being Eugene. He's about to become way too important with his ammunition making skills. Even though in reality that makes no sense. They're in the U.S. so even if the human population was as high as 1% what it used to be (it's nowhere near that many) there's enough ammo in this country to last a few thousand years.
__
thesalmonofdoubt
Global Moderator

I dunno - how useful a person is to the group doesn't seem to factor that greatly into how likely a person is to survive especially given they've killed off a couple of people with key medical knowledge over the seasons and, as you said, ammo seems plentiful.

The only other really likely candidate in my humble view would be Abraham given he's not really fundamental to anything past being the muscle, and he's arguably not as popular as all the other candidates .. and he was already killed off in the Graphics ala how they got rid of Denise.

I'd be pissed if they killed off Daryl - as would just about everyone else who watches the series. Maggie could potentially go which would get rid of having to deal with a story line that involves another birth/baby.. but I don't think that's all that likely, especially given the narrative that develops between her and Keegan in the graphics ..

So the remaining choices are

Carol - But I'm waiting for her to hook up with Daryl
Morgan - which could work especially given how annoying he's become.
Aaron - being the token gay and reasonably likeable, it could happen but I don't feel it.
Heath - just not dramatic enuff for a season finale/opener
Michonne - Is a big maybe especially given she started stonking Rick and nothing good lasts forever in the walking dead world
Sasha - probably not important enuff like Heath
Rosita - Same - not important
Tara - Same again, especially since Denise's death I don't think anyone gives a rats bum about her.

Just going by memory - I'm not even sure I got the candidate list right but - that's where I am at with all of this

So
BruceSmith78
Ultimate Poster

Post by BruceSmith78 »

I thought Eugene gave the plans to someone else so they could still follow through without him. Kinda like the architect who got killed passing on his plans for that new settlement they have to the kid who was his apprentice, who also got killed. And the mayor's plans to rebuild getting passed on or discovered or whatever after she got killed.
CashRules
Ultimate Poster

Post by CashRules »

Carol, Morgan, Heath and Tara weren't there. Morgan and Carol ended the season with their first encounter with members of Ezekiel's Kingdom. Tara and Heath were on a supply run. Plus all four have been shown in the trailers for the next season. Those in the lineup were Rick, Carl, Michonne, Sasha, Rosita, Aaron, Abe, Eugene, Daryl, Maggie and Glenn. I'm afraid the scene stalkers at The Spoiling Dead are right and it's Abe and Glenn. Abe actually gets selected by Negan to fool the Glenn fans into thinking he's been spared his comic death but then he loses his cool at seeing one of his best friends being beaten to death and tries to attack Negan and gets killed too. Really the only other possible explanation I can think of for neither actor being spotted during filming is if there is a secondary filming location and those two actors are being filmed there with their characters on some type of supply run or recruiting mission.
__
CashRules
Ultimate Poster

Post by CashRules »

BruceSmith78 wrote:I thought Eugene gave the plans to someone else so they could still follow through without him. Kinda like the architect who got killed passing on his plans for that new settlement they have to the kid who was his apprentice, who also got killed. And the mayor's plans to rebuild getting passed on or discovered or whatever after she got killed.
I thought Eugene just gave Rick and Daryl a list of the materials he needed but I could be wrong.
__
thesalmonofdoubt
Global Moderator

"Carol, Morgan, Heath and Tara weren't there. Morgan and Carol ended the season with their first encounter with members of Ezekiel's Kingdom. Tara and Heath were on a supply run. Plus all four have been shown in the trailers for the next season. "

Arh - well, I figured I had that list wrong.

"Abe actually gets selected by Negan to fool the Glenn fans into thinking he's been spared his comic death but then he loses his cool at seeing one of his best friends being beaten to death and tries to attack Negan and gets killed too"

Well - that's certainly very possible.. and would probably keep the fans happy
RedRuth1963
New Timer

Post by RedRuth1963 »

CashRules wrote:I can't see it being Eugene. He's about to become way too important with his ammunition making skills. Even though in reality that makes no sense. They're in the U.S. so even if the human population was as high as 1% what it used to be (it's nowhere near that many) there's enough ammo in this country to last a few thousand years.
Just as a matter of interest, how long does ammunition last? I've read that petrol and diesel wouldn't last longer than about 2 years but I assume making biodiesel isn't too difficult.
CashRules
Ultimate Poster

Post by CashRules »

Ammo can last forever as long as it stays dry so it doesn't get corroded.
__
RedRuth1963
New Timer

Post by RedRuth1963 »

CashRules wrote:Ammo can last forever as long as it stays dry so it doesn't get corroded.
That's good to know, we have an air rifle that will have to do in the event of a ZA. I actually seriously thought about telling my sister to get a shotgun licence - over here only posh people who live in the country are allowed guns. She can't use a gun but my son can and we plan on retreating to her house in the event of any kind of apocalypse, invasion etc. We even have an Armageddon cupboard, we don't take it very seriously though, it's down to a couple of tins of peaches, some chickpeas and mackerel in tomato sauce that no one likes. I think it's safe to say I wouldn't last long. I used to think it would be great to survive a war/armageddon/whatever I even know people who left for the west coast of Ireland when the US bombed Libya (I think) back in the 80s whne everyone thought nuclear was was imminent.

Anyway, I still think Abraham is most likely to die, I won't get to see the episode until Monday evening so I won't be truning on my PC, tablet or phone on during the day.
thesalmonofdoubt
Global Moderator

About to watch s7ep1 now - Guess all will be revealed soon enuff.. Also guessing you USA types already know who's bought it!
CashRules
Ultimate Poster

Post by CashRules »

I watched some fan reaction videos on Youtube. That's some funny stuff.
__
RedRuth1963
New Timer

Post by RedRuth1963 »

I'm glad no one videoed me and my daughter watching it, there was a lot of shouting and swearing. At least the comedy walker 'death' sort of lightened the mood briefly. It was emotional.

It looks like the spoiler site you referenced was spot on.
CashRules
Ultimate Poster

Post by CashRules »

At least they let Abraham get in one final zinger. Now Negan is going to torture Daryl and try to "Stockholm Syndrome" him into joining the Saviors and killing Rick.

EDIT: And now Daryl will be blaming himself for at least three deaths - Beth, Denise and Glenn.
__