Recent overrated movies

Unvoiced_Apollo
Ultimate Poster

Recent overrated movies

Post by Unvoiced_Apollo »

Lego movie

Frozen - as much as I liked it, it relly shouldbn't be as popular as it is & does overhadow a better movie made a year before it.

Jurassic World - Fun movie, but not remotely good.
Gendo
Site Admin

Re: Recent overrated movies

Post by Gendo »

Lego movie was at least as good as I was expecting based on what I heard.

Frozen could have been the greatest film of all time, and it would still have been overrated, given its reputation.

I'd say Jurassic World was overhyped, but I don't know about overrated. Once it came out, pretty much everyone I know said "yeah, it was fun, but meh".
Unvoiced_Apollo
Ultimate Poster

Post by Unvoiced_Apollo »

Gendo wrote:Lego movie was at least as good as I was expecting based on what I heard.

Frozen could have been the greatest film of all time, and it would still have been overrated, given its reputation.

I'd say Jurassic World was overhyped, but I don't know about overrated. Once it came out, pretty much everyone I know said "yeah, it was fun, but meh".
I'm going by RT critic scores.

I thought Lego Movie would was going to be hilarious but I found myself more bored & annoyed. None of the jokes that weren't in the trailer were that good. The only thing that made up for it was the emotional payoff near the end.
Last edited by Unvoiced_Apollo on Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Derived Absurdity
Ultimate Poster

Post by Derived Absurdity »

Well said.
Last edited by Derived Absurdity on Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thesalmonofdoubt
Global Moderator

Post by thesalmonofdoubt »

Unvoiced_Apollo wrote:Lego movie

Frozen - as much as I liked it, it relly shouldbn't be as popular as it is & does overhadow a better movie made a year before it.

Jurassic World - Fun movie, but not remotely good.

Pretty much agree with all of that - Frozen was a fine enuff movie but way more generic that the hype around it would suggest\. Apart from one catchy song, Its a mystery to me why this movie became as popular as it did.
The lego movie - was kinda the same, it was ok but not nearly as funny as I was expecting and arguably way less funny than say "Wreck it Ralph" .. but for some reason, it got huge kudos and I'm all like . "meh, it was alreeght"

Jurassic World was more disappointing than not good. It was what it was.. a big budget bog standard movie that could have been way better than it actually was and no where near as impressive as the first one which is disappointing given the hype and the number of years they had to work on it.
It brought absolutely nothing new to the table at all and was full of distracting clumsiness - like the forced love interest thing, the cheesy humour, the suddenly sentient cooperative T-Tex and the forced incompetence of all the staff ..

I'd also go put "The Revenant" on the list - which was technically on the money, well acted, beautifully shot but ultimately it just didn't really hold my interest which may be a testament to just how many hours I really wanna sit and watch a man grimace while pulling himself thru the snow after being attacked by a bear - turns out the answer is, less hours than was in the movie
Anakin McFly
Ultimate Poster

Post by Anakin McFly »

The Lego movie was a huge letdown. It was okay, but I didn't get the hype. I think I could have done it better. [none]

Frozen - what Gendo said.

I really liked Jurassic World though. I saw it twice in theatres, once with friends and the other with family.