Movies to look forward to

Cassius Clay
Ultimate Poster

Movies to look forward to

Post by Cassius Clay »

In this thread, you will bring my attention upcoming movies I should be excited about.

I saw a trailer for some Alien movie with the Lois Lane that looks really good.
BruceSmith78
Ultimate Poster

Re: Movies to look forward to

Post by BruceSmith78 »

Man of Steel? That already came out.
Unvoiced_Apollo
Ultimate Poster

Post by Unvoiced_Apollo »

The movie you are thinkinh of is Arrival.

Doctor Strange
Rogue One
Moana
Queen of Katwe

The Accountant
Kevin Hart: What Now (*Yes, I am being racist & stereotyping you by suggesting this)
Fantastic Beasts & Where to Find Them
Passengers (not for me, but a serious suggestion for you)
Cassius Clay
Ultimate Poster

Post by Cassius Clay »

^ Racist

I'm talking about Bruce calling superman an alien

I'm really looking forward to Rogue One and Doctor Strange. I need to look into the others.
CashRules
Ultimate Poster

Post by CashRules »

The worst thing about Batman vs. Superman is that the viewer is expected to ignore the fact that Bruce was right all along. If an alien with the power of Superman ever arrives on earth then somebody needs to find a way to kill it. People treating possible encounters with alien species as though it would be a good thing will end up being the cause of humanity's extinction. The rule should be simple - If it's not human and it's intelligent enough for space travel then it has to die.
__
You can't hang a man for killing a woman who's trying to steal his horse.
Unvoiced_Apollo
Ultimate Poster

Post by Unvoiced_Apollo »

CashRules wrote:The worst thing about Batman vs. Superman is that the viewer is expected to ignore the fact that Bruce was right all along. If an alien with the power of Superman ever arrives on earth then somebody needs to find a way to kill it. People treating possible encounters with alien species as though it would be a good thing will end up being the cause of humanity's extinction. The rule should be simple - If it's not human and it's intelligent enough for space travel then it has to die.
That is the second worst. The worst is "Martha".
Cassius Clay wrote:^ Racist

I'm talking about Bruce calling superman an alien

I'm really looking forward to Rogue One and Doctor Strange. I need to look into the others.
Queen of Katwe is about a native African girl who learns to play to chess

I'm also suggesting this to you b/c you're black, but I'm legitimately interested in it as well.
Cassius Clay
Ultimate Poster

Post by Cassius Clay »

I've heard of Queen of Katwe. My wife plays the protagonist.
Anakin McFly
Ultimate Poster

Post by Anakin McFly »

- Passengers (I read the script in 2008 and just reread it this week. It's still my favourite script I've read. The trailer is completely misleading and makes it out to be a cheery Chris Pratt and Jennifer Lawrence action romcom in space, whereas its writer Jon Spaihts and Keanu Reeves originally developed this as a quiet, dark-ish, character-focused moral drama (in space). Hopefully they didn't change too much.)

- Arrival (awesome short story with an original take on the usual alien invasion trope, movie reviews so far have been good)

- The Dark Tower

- John Wick 2

- Ready Player One
Faustus5
Super Poster

Post by Faustus5 »

Anakin McFly wrote:- Passengers (I read the script in 2008 and just reread it this week. It's still my favourite script I've read. The trailer is completely misleading and makes it out to be a cheery Chris Pratt and Jennifer Lawrence action romcom in space, whereas its writer Jon Spaihts and Keanu Reeves originally developed this as a quiet, dark-ish, character-focused moral drama (in space). Hopefully they didn't change too much.)
I've averted my eyes in an attempt to avoid spoilers, but on another forum for Jennifer Lawrence fans I've encountered grumblings that the script has in fact been changed quite a bit. Hope that the "dark-ish character focused moral drama" stuff remained.
Anakin McFly
Ultimate Poster

Post by Anakin McFly »

Yeah, I've heard the same, though I think it's more of a reframing of events rather than removing things. The trailer has a few scenes from the script shown out of chronological order, and I don't know if they edited it that way to be intentionally misleading or if they did rearrange stuff that much. But Chris Pratt also mentioned in an interview that it was the best script he'd ever read, so hopefully that's a good sign that they kept things mostly the same.
Last edited by Anakin McFly on Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
thesalmonofdoubt
Global Moderator

Post by thesalmonofdoubt »

Well - I'm looking forward to Passengers but that's mostly cos I love big budget Sci-Fi's that look promising.
Can't really think of anything else that's on my "go to the cinema to see" list
Cassius Clay
Ultimate Poster

Post by Cassius Clay »

Not a movie, but 'Black Mirror' is coming back in 3 days. Awww hell yeah..