Off to Paris this Saturday

thesalmonofdoubt
Global Moderator

Off to Paris this Saturday

Post by thesalmonofdoubt »

Last minute business trip again - been a busy this sort of thing for me so far having already had to travel to the UK, USA (Twice) and one unexpected holiday on work to Costa Rica (which was awesome)
But - Saturday I'm off to Paris for a conference which is something a bit different than my usual trip to Detroit or Maidenhead .. so, if anyone plans on being in Paris next week - Let me know.
Taking a week off while I am in Europe to hit up Malta - so, that should be fun, more so given its still wet ad cold here so be nice to get some sun prior to the heat turning up locally!

That is all
RedRuth1963
New Timer

Re: Off to Paris this Saturday

Post by RedRuth1963 »

I have to go to Paris soon, we have collaborators there. I'm not a fan of Paris, I prefer London. I shirked going to Chicago in November - it's a big conference that I'm supposed to go to - but next year it's in New Orleans and I'm quite tempted with that. Ever been?
thesalmonofdoubt
Global Moderator

:) - Just landed here in Paris today, literally just checked into the hotel and set up WIFI ..
I like Paris fine enuff but - I'm here for work which means I get tonight off, but I'm not right in the heart of Paris and I'm too buggered to do anything at any rate - so will kill time - eat something then get to bed early (whoop whoop).
Monday thru Thursday - I'm working so days are gone. I think we will go out and do something of a night dinner wise and maybe a bit of getting around but it's not gonna be too exciting . Then off to Malta on Friday - which is one weeks worth of chilling by the pool holiday stuff.
And yup - Been to all of those places. Lived in London for a bit, lived in Chicago for a year and have visited New Orleans a couple of times.
I liked New Orleans fine enuff - I'm mean, Bourbon street is a blast, the French quarter is probably more my speed .. the balance of the city is just a wreck and that was before the hurricane .. Its good fun but its not especially pretty !
RedRuth1963
New Timer

Post by RedRuth1963 »

I didn't know anything about Chicago when the conference trip was organised, I just assumed it would be a boring, cold, northern city. The more I've read about it since the more I think I made a mistake and should have gone, it sounds really interesting but still cold. Also, because everyone is off to the conference I'll be left supervising students. Anyway, Malta looked beautiful as ever from your FB feed, you really are lucky to have roots there, mine are in the West Midlands, not so pretty.
thesalmonofdoubt
Global Moderator

Anyway, Malta looked beautiful as ever from your FB feed, you really are lucky to have roots there, mine are in the West Midlands, not so pretty.
Malta was awesome, as always. Loads of new work being done to restore all the old buildings and capitalise on its tourism potential.
Also helps that loads of work has been done to the place I stay - reworked all the plumbing so now you can have a decent shower with pressure ..In the process of restoring all the stone work and clearing out all the clutter ..

But mostly - it's about the catching up with relo's, getting in a bit of sun and eating ..