Black Mirror

Derived Absurdity
Ultimate Poster

Black Mirror

Post by Derived Absurdity »

Anyone seen the third season? I just finished the second episode. It's not as good as the first two seasons so far IMO. The first episode was almost like a parody of itself and the second episode was okay, but could have been a lot better.
aels
Global Moderator

Re: Black Mirror

Post by aels »

I am incredibly angry it is on Netflix because I don't have Netflix and I can't be bothered to get Netflix.
WORDS IN THE HEART CANNOT BE TAKEN
Anakin McFly
Ultimate Poster

Post by Anakin McFly »

Netflix does a one month free trial, which is what my family got so we could watch Stranger Things.
Cassius Clay
Ultimate Poster

Post by Cassius Clay »

This season was aight. Could've been better. I still appreciate the attempt and enjoy the premises because I don't think there is really anything like this show.
Derived Absurdity
Ultimate Poster

Episode 3 - well, that was seriously depressing. Jesus.
This season was aight. Could've been better.
So... since you thought the second season of Fargo was weaker than the first, does this mean I should expect the rest of Black Mirror to be amazing? [none]
Cassius Clay
Ultimate Poster

Post by Cassius Clay »

Yes.
Blade Azaezel
Ultra Poster

Post by Blade Azaezel »

aels wrote:I am incredibly angry it is on Netflix because I don't have Netflix and I can't be bothered to get Netflix.
Just go to http://www.netflix.com/gb" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and start a free trial. I bet you don't even need to leave your computer to do it...unless your bank card isn't within reach.
thesalmonofdoubt
Global Moderator

Post by thesalmonofdoubt »

Stumbled across "Black mirror" while rambling thru Netflix looking for something to keep me entertained for a couple of seasons and, liked it a great deal.

One of the favourite things I've ever watched on Netflix was the episode of Black mirror where the women wakes up in a room with pills scattered on the floor and no memory of what happened before only to wander out into the street to be confused that everyone is filming her on their mobiles, then to get hunted down by a handful of rogue types ..

I love that every episode is self contained, love how it makes its specific points around tech or morality or justice .. not every single episode is a winner but they are all watchable and some are outstanding.

Its very much a modern take on the whole "Outer limits/Twilight" genre .. and this is a good thing
aels
Global Moderator

Post by aels »

I forgot to add that my favourite ever take on Black Mirror comes from Mallory Ortberg: "next on black mirror: what if phones but too much"
WORDS IN THE HEART CANNOT BE TAKEN
CashRules
Ultimate Poster

Post by CashRules »

I'm having a real hard time liking the third season.
__
You can't hang a man for killing a woman who's trying to steal his horse.
Derived Absurdity
Ultimate Poster

aels wrote:I forgot to add that my favourite ever take on Black Mirror comes from Mallory Ortberg: "next on black mirror: what if phones but too much"
I know!!! I read that before the third season and it made me laugh a lot during the entire first episode. Because, that's basically the summary of the first episode.

There's also this: https://www.mcsweeneys.net/articles/eve ... ack-mirror" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
OpiateOfTheMasses
Global Moderator

Post by OpiateOfTheMasses »

I've recently watched all three seasons and I think they (broadly) got better each season. The third season was making some reasonably thought provoking points about technology and society in their episodes (not Orson Wells, but more than you get in most TV nowadays) - I particularly liked the final episode in the season.
You can't make everyone happy. You are not pizza.