The kuribo is back

A place for new members to introduce themselves so they can be welcomed! New members must post here before using the rest of the board.
Kuribo4
Regular

The kuribo is back

Post by Kuribo4 »

Hi guys!
I was called kuribo on imdb as well, and used to talk to Rax and Jimbo over there.
So is this evageeks rules or is this other rules?
Raxivace
Ultimate Poster

Re: The kuribo is back

Post by Raxivace »

Hi kuribo. Glad to see you made it. :)
"[Cinema] is a labyrinth with a treacherous resemblance to reality." - Andrew Sarris
Eva Yojimbo
Ultra Poster

Post by Eva Yojimbo »

Hi, kuribo. Depends on what you mean by "Evageeks rules." I doubt the admin/mods here are quite that persnickety.
"As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being." -- Carl Jung
Raxivace
Ultimate Poster

Post by Raxivace »

Yeah they don't threaten to burn you at the stake here for veering slightly onto a tangent.
"[Cinema] is a labyrinth with a treacherous resemblance to reality." - Andrew Sarris
Gendo
Site Admin

Post by Gendo »

I dunno what rules Evageeks had, but we're not big on rules here. No warnings for going off-topic or anything like that. I run the place; we have a few moderators, but we're really not big enough yet to need mod intervention. Welcome!!
aels
Global Moderator

Post by aels »

Eva Yojimbo wrote:Hi, kuribo. Depends on what you mean by "Evageeks rules." I doubt the admin/mods here are quite that persnickety.
In my sacred duty as a moderator, I promise not to go mad with power and destroy you all. All of my modding so far has been shifting threads to different forums because of my obsession need to file things correctly. I have also derailed pretty much every thread I have ever posted on so I'm not going to point fingers at other people going off-topic.
WORDS IN THE HEART CANNOT BE TAKEN
aels
Global Moderator

Post by aels »

Oh, also I sell all of your personal data to companies and read out your private messages to my friends in a silly voice but that is just standard mod practice.

(This is a sarcasm, I cannot read any of your personal messages or see your details)
maz89
Ultra Poster

Post by maz89 »

aels wrote:All of my modding so far has been shifting threads to different forums because of my obsession need to file things correctly.
This is actually much appreciated. Everything in its right place.
Last edited by maz89 on Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose"
aels
Global Moderator

Post by aels »

I just realised I wrote 'obsession need' so obviously my pedantry does not extend to proofreading.
maz89
Ultra Poster

Post by maz89 »

aels wrote:I just realised I wrote 'obsession need' so obviously my pedantry does not extend to proofreading.
Hahaha! Goes doubly for me because my mind registered 'obsessive need'. So much for that Radiohead line.
JaredMithrandir
New Timer

Post by JaredMithrandir »

Was that Kuribo as in what Goombas are called in Japan?
Eva Yojimbo
Ultra Poster

Post by Eva Yojimbo »

Gendo wrote:I dunno what rules Evageeks had...
Let's just say the mods were quite touchy when it came to controversy of any kind and could be rather maddeningly inconsistent when it came to the application of certain rules. I had a pretty big tiff with them years back that culminated in this thread where I basically called them out on their erratic behavior. That incident still sticks in my craw.
maz89 wrote:
aels wrote:All of my modding so far has been shifting threads to different forums because of my obsession need to file things correctly.
This is actually much appreciated. Everything in its right place.
"As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being." -- Carl Jung
maz89
Ultra Poster

Post by maz89 »

Eva Yojimbo wrote:
maz89 wrote: This is actually much appreciated. Everything in its right place.
Hadn't heard this version; I would kill to see this live.
Kuribo4
Regular

Post by Kuribo4 »

Hello!

Yeah, the rules in Evageeks are a bit harah at times, though when I last posted over there regularly (2014) one of the newer mods was the nicest guy.

Yeah, my name comes from the Gumbas in Mario Bros. :)
I'm a big fan, and when I discovered what their original name is I was fascinated they are actually chestnuts (though apparently they are still shrooms, I don't think the Mario universe is too consistent lol), and since than I use that name.

Some friends I made during that time also called my that name in real life, which was kinda weird, but I got used to it.

Anyways, I am super busy, final exams, but then I'll be done with vocationary college, doing something I'm not really happy with and that takes a lot of energy from me.

Since I don't have time to really make entire threads now, I just wanted to tell you that I finally watched Anno's Shin Godzilla. It's amazing, and the guy is one of the best filmmakers alive.
I think he would find a way to do a great film with almost any concept.
But that's it for movies. All time I've had I had to dedicate to Zelda: Breath of the Wild. If you guys follow gaming you will know it is among the highest rated games of all time, in fact for some daus it was the highest ever.
I have followed the games creation for the ~5 years it took them to make it, and I can confirm that it is absolutely beautiful and one of those games you just don't want to stop playing.
I also think that while the story had a little more potential in regards to some of the characters, it is probably one of the best Zelda stories ever, and I was surprised that they went for a more real, troubled character with princess Zelda this time (no doubt the best version of the character).
And like the creators said, they have played a lot with the conventions of Zelda, in gameplay and story. I think that some things, like the classic green Link tunic, or the character of Ganon, are used in genius ways.
And it tool me 160 hours to complete this game lol.
And then I replayed it and reached the boss in 2 hours. That's what's great as well. It is absolutely open.

If you are into games, I can recommend the Switch and a copy of Breath of the Wild.

This game is pretty much the only thing I really had time for.

Also, when I joined this forum, I was reading Oyasumi Punpun. I would recommend the Eva fans here to look it up.
I don't think it is a perfect manga, but months later I still think about it. I would say it is close to being a masterpiece, genius at times.
However, it actually made me feel depressed, so if you are easily affected by the topics it deals with, better read when you are feeling well.
I'm not joking, I actually felt really bad reading it, but it is the "warning" kind if story.
A genius use of visuals too.
Has anybody here read it, because I'd love to discuss it at some point.

Have had no time at all for the cinema.

Rax, did you like the Last Jedi trailer?
It looks like they are giving Rian Johnson quite a bit of freedom.

Oh, and I really got into Gorillaz lately.
I knew them from when I was a child (Clint Eastwood) but I didn't think I'd love them this much.
Raxivace
Ultimate Poster

Post by Raxivace »

I think the Last Jedi trailer looks nice, but its mostly Johnson's name being attached that has me interested in this movie still.

Glad to see you around kuribo. :)
Kuribo4
Regular

Post by Kuribo4 »

Yeah, glad I could find the time to write again
I want to watch Johnson's other stuff before Last Jedi comes out.
Even though I've seen none if it myself yet, I hear nothing but good things from him, from you as well.
And he seems really satisfied and happy with the movie.
Some of the actors also seem to be a little weirded out by the direction if the movie. I'm all for Star Wars going weird places.

Maybe this movie will be more rogue than the Rogue One ;)
Raxivace
Ultimate Poster

Post by Raxivace »

I also need to see the rest of his films, but I really liked Looper and I thought his Breaking Bad episodes were some of the best of the series (And they weren't without competition).

And lmao we're going from this guy to the man who brought us Safety Not Guaranteed for Episode IX.
Gendo
Site Admin

Post by Gendo »

Kuribo4 wrote:If you are into games, I can recommend the Switch and a copy of Breath of the Wild.

This game is pretty much the only thing I really had time for.
So much this. Except I got it for the Wii U, I saw no reason to get a Switch. But yeah, BotW is simply amazing. Spending pretty much all the free time I can on it over the past few weeks. And still have only seen a small percentage of it.
Kuribo4
Regular

Post by Kuribo4 »

Gendo wrote:So much this. Except I got it for the Wii U, I saw no reason to get a Switch. But yeah, BotW is simply amazing. Spending pretty much all the free time I can on it over the past few weeks. And still have only seen a small percentage of it.
I own the Wii U as well. I'm sure the game is perfectly fine there as well, it was mostly me wanting to try the new hardware. I also prefer playing on handheld with headphones, and the signal of my Wii U doesn't reach my room.
So the console was a nice fit for how I play.

The game is gigantic. I sometimes watch my mother play, and I think back to my playthrough and have a hard time believing I completed it.

The first week after finishing the game I really missed playing it. I don't think this has ever happened to me this intensely with a game.
I guess it is because it's wonderful just to wander around in it, listen to the subtle piano music. What a game.