Gendo made me do it

A place for new members to introduce themselves so they can be welcomed! New members must post here before using the rest of the board.
AndrewisFTTW
New Timer

Gendo made me do it

Post by AndrewisFTTW »

Hey everyone, my name is Andrew, I'm 28, I'm a professional musician, I'm moving from Maryland to California later this year and I have a male cat named Lucy.

A few years ago I was really into a board game called Dominion and joined a forum dedicated to Dominion discussion, where I met Gendo. A few days ago I decided it was time to branch out and so Gendo referred me here. He then roughed me up and stole my lunch money, then told me to sign up here or he'll be back for more punishment tomorrow. So here I am. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone and maybe even making a mortal enemy or two.
Gendo
Site Admin

Re: Gendo made me do it

Post by Gendo »

Welcome! You better be nice, I know where you live. At least for now; didn't know you were moving. Boo, east coast rocks!
OpiateOfTheMasses
Global Moderator

Post by OpiateOfTheMasses »

Hi Andrew. We are (mostly) a nice bunch so welcome to the board!
You can't make everyone happy. You are not pizza.
aels
Global Moderator

Post by aels »

Hi Andrew! I feel like I maybe played Dominion once but was terrible at it? Anyway, hi.
WORDS IN THE HEART CANNOT BE TAKEN
Eva Yojimbo
Ultra Poster

Post by Eva Yojimbo »

Hi Andrew! What kind of music do you play?
"As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being." -- Carl Jung
Islandmur
Global Moderator

Post by Islandmur »

Welcome aboard

be careful here everyone is a spy!
AndrewisFTTW
New Timer

Post by AndrewisFTTW »

aels wrote:Hi Andrew! I feel like I maybe played Dominion once but was terrible at it? Anyway, hi.
Quite possible.
Eva Yojimbo wrote:Hi Andrew! What kind of music do you play?
A little bit of everything. I mostly get hired for blues gigs but sometimes I get calls to play reggae, jazz, etc. I'm currently in Dallas on tour with an Americana-ish band out of Nashville.
Raxivace
Ultimate Poster

Post by Raxivace »

Welcome to the Pit. :)
"[Cinema] is a labyrinth with a treacherous resemblance to reality." - Andrew Sarris
CashRules
Ultimate Poster

Post by CashRules »

Hey Jude. [wave]
__
You can't hang a man for killing a woman who's trying to steal his horse.
Eva Yojimbo
Ultra Poster

Post by Eva Yojimbo »

AndrewisFTTW wrote:A little bit of everything. I mostly get hired for blues gigs but sometimes I get calls to play reggae, jazz, etc. I'm currently in Dallas on tour with an Americana-ish band out of Nashville.
Very cool. My tastes are pretty eclectic as well. What instrument(s)? I used to play guitar myself--never professionally, but I did jam with my dad a lot who used to play drums as a kind of "side job" on weekends. Good times.
"As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being." -- Carl Jung
AndrewisFTTW
New Timer

Post by AndrewisFTTW »

Eva Yojimbo wrote:
AndrewisFTTW wrote:A little bit of everything. I mostly get hired for blues gigs but sometimes I get calls to play reggae, jazz, etc. I'm currently in Dallas on tour with an Americana-ish band out of Nashville.
Very cool. My tastes are pretty eclectic as well. What instrument(s)? I used to play guitar myself--never professionally, but I did jam with my dad a lot who used to play drums as a kind of "side job" on weekends. Good times.
I play drums. You don't play anymore? That's sad! [sad]
Eva Yojimbo
Ultra Poster

Post by Eva Yojimbo »

AndrewisFTTW wrote:
Eva Yojimbo wrote:
I play drums. You don't play anymore? That's sad! [sad]
Very cool. Growing up with a drummer for a dad really gave me an admiration for great drummers. All-time favorite is probably Danny Carey from Tool... but my recent listening to Bill Bruford in King Crimson and Yes is giving him a run for his money!

I did quit playing, mostly because I found myself more drawn to writing as a creative outlet while I preferred listening to music over playing it.