I'm a Dungeon Master Again!

Place to discuss games of all types. tabletop games, video games, etc.
Faustus5
Super Poster

I'm a Dungeon Master Again!

Post by Faustus5 »

Yep, for the first time in over 20 years, I'm running an RPG session this afternoon. Feels great to be back in the game. [biggrin]
Blade Azaezel
Ultra Poster

Re: I'm a Dungeon Master Again!

Post by Blade Azaezel »

Me and a few friends tried D&D, but we weren't particularly good at it and also know nothing about the rules. Played a few times but it all kinda fell apart when we couldn't meet regularly enough to keep the plot moving. Shame really, cos what little we did manage to play was really fun.
aels
Global Moderator

Post by aels »

That's great! I'd love to play but I don't know what the tabletop gaming scene is like in my area. My sister is part of her local roleplaying and wargaming society and they go to national championships and stuff, I'm so jealous.
WORDS IN THE HEART CANNOT BE TAKEN
Gendo
Site Admin

Post by Gendo »

aels wrote:That's great! I'd love to play but I don't know what the tabletop gaming scene is like in my area. My sister is part of her local roleplaying and wargaming society and they go to national championships and stuff, I'm so jealous.
I have friends who are in a. D&D campaign with friends who live far away; using some sort of software that helps you run these sorts of things. I can't remember the name of the program though.
AndrewisFTTW
New Timer

Post by AndrewisFTTW »

Gendo wrote:
aels wrote:That's great! I'd love to play but I don't know what the tabletop gaming scene is like in my area. My sister is part of her local roleplaying and wargaming society and they go to national championships and stuff, I'm so jealous.
I have friends who are in a. D&D campaign with friends who live far away; using some sort of software that helps you run these sorts of things. I can't remember the name of the program though.
Yeah I've never played a tabletop RPG before, I might interested in something like this.
Faustus5
Super Poster

Post by Faustus5 »

Gendo wrote:
I think there are a couple of those out there. I suppose with Skype you'd get some of the social aspects of RPG playing, but I prefer to have friends over at my place and use miniatures and hand drawn maps. Old fashioned, I guess. Plus, if the session ends with time to spare I've got tons of board games available to finish off the night.
Gendo
Site Admin

Post by Gendo »

So the thing my friend is using is roll20: https://roll20.net/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
BruceSmith78
Ultimate Poster

Post by BruceSmith78 »

I thought this was going to be about locking folks up in your basement.