Comments on International Women's Day

Here you can talk about anything that isn't covered by the other categories.
CashRules
Ultimate Poster

Comments on International Women's Day

Post by CashRules »

"Why do we need an International Women's Day? Didn't we just have Valentine's Day a few weeks ago? Isn't that celebrated internationally?"

"Women complain about having less power than men but I haven't read anything about large numbers of women being fired from their jobs for not showing up at work today. So who really has all the power?"

"So we're supposed to celebrate achievements by women? Who thinks that takes a whole day, couldn't it just be done over lunch break?"

"Women have no idea how lucky they are that Trump won."

"I'm tired of this empowerment talk. Women already have power. Black people already have power. Homos already have power."

Response to that last one: "So you're saying black lesbians rule the world and control the money supply? I bet the Jews are thinking "Finally the assholes will stop blaming us." You only get one guess on who made this reply.

"Women are another group that's moving farther and farther away from God's plan."

Response to that one : "Thank God."
__
You can't hang a man for killing a woman who's trying to steal his horse.
Anakin McFly
Ultimate Poster

Re: Comments on International Women's Day

Post by Anakin McFly »

Derived Absurdity
Ultimate Poster

Post by Derived Absurdity »

holy shit there actually is an international men's day that's hilarious
Anakin McFly
Ultimate Poster

Post by Anakin McFly »

eventually there'll be a White History Month, and racism will finally be over.
Raxivace
Ultimate Poster

Post by Raxivace »

The insecurity some people (Mainly other white dudes) feel at the existence of things like International Women's Day or Black History Month is something that I've just never been able to understand.
"[Cinema] is a labyrinth with a treacherous resemblance to reality." - Andrew Sarris
Islandmur
Global Moderator

Post by Islandmur »

Anakin McFly wrote:eventually there'll be a White History Month, and racism will finally be over.
actually i feel that when the need for black history month is over (when black history is incorporated into american history) then will we be on the road to no racism.

When there is no need for all the separate things that about the fill the wholes left by all sorts of ism's.

I dream big.
Eva Yojimbo
Ultra Poster

Post by Eva Yojimbo »

Raxivace wrote:The insecurity some people (Mainly other white dudes) feel at the existence of things like International Women's Day or Black History Month is something that I've just never been able to understand.
Indeed.
"As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being." -- Carl Jung
Chuckles_Otoole
Frequenter

Post by Chuckles_Otoole »

Incidentally, "International Men's Day" is the same date as "World Toilet Day."

http://www.un.org/en/events/toiletday" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Anakin McFly
Ultimate Poster

Post by Anakin McFly »

actually i feel that when the need for black history month is over (when black history is incorporated into american history) then will we be on the road to no racism.
Yep.